Hi everyone. I'm having a problem playing the main riff in Metallica's song "Battery".
What i actually cannot normally do is to play muted 6 string as fast as it goes in the song What can you recommend me to learn and/or practice to get this done ?

Thanks.
"You don't burn out from going too fast
You burn out from going too slow and getting bored"

Cliff Burton
Are you using alternate picking at the palm muted notes? It's impossible otherwise.

If that doesn't help you then take a look at James when he is playing it...
Just play slower stuff (including playing Battery at a speed you can manage) until you get good enough, there really isn't any way round it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Don't play at the tempo the song is actually at. Slow it down to a comfortable speed, then move it up as you gain technique and confidence in the song.
Thanks for your replies Oh yes..There's another questions that also bothers me: can i practice all that stuff on a western-type acoustic guitar ? It's just because i don't have my own electric guitar yet and i play the electric one may be about twice a week when i have a chance to do it ?
"You don't burn out from going too fast
You burn out from going too slow and getting bored"

Cliff Burton
Well it's not the same feeling but sure, you can practice on an acoustic.
An acoustic would be great to practice on as you will be able to hear any and all errors you make, which a distorted electric guitar might cover up.
can i practice all that stuff on a western-type acoustic guitar ?

You should be able to.

You should be using alternate picking to get that galloping rhythm. It isn't possible otherwise.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30