Is it possible? I think the chip is already the same as the ts-808, so that'd make life easier.

I remember changing 2 resistors.
R55 and R58, to 100ohms and 10k respectively.
I don't have any facts for you, but do you actually have a ts808? If so, you could just replace the two resistors, and test them side by side for similarity.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Couldn't find anything on converting TS7's to a TS808. If you have a TS9, it's a totally different story though.
EDIT: Looks like I was wrong. Here's the instructions:
*Desolder the IC (it will vary depending on what year your TS7 was made.
*Solder a suitable IC socket in.
*Place your chip of choice into the socket. Common chips include JRC4558D or RC4558P.
*Replace R55 (470 ohm or yellow-purple-brown-gold) with a 100 ohm resistor.
*Replace R58 (brown-black-yellow-gold) with a 10k resistor.

All the instructions can be found here
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Last edited by the_random_hero at Mar 24, 2007,
yeah im doing this in a couple of months. its cheaper, easier and gets better results than using a TS9
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Can't you just buy a ts-808? Or is this one better than a bought one?

Typically buying an older one (or one that you already have) and modding it to your liking is a lot cheaper, plus the added benefit of getting exactly the tone you want. Plus you can do all kinds of cool mojo things to your effects such as adding a true NOS JRC4558 ic or real tropical fish caps.
Actually, it's way cheaper, and since I have the chip already, I jsut need to pay for 2 resistors.
According to what I know so far though.