Page 1 of 2
i need some tough questions for some military people comming into school on monday to give us advice and details about joining the armed forces.

i need stuff that will make them feel uncomfortable, faulter etc.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
like: did you ever kill someone, sounds pretty awkward to me...
Why do you need those sorts of questions? Even though you might not agree with their choice of career orlifestyle oesn't mean you shouldn't respect their opinion to choose that lifestyle or career.

That said, as them what they think the greatest thing the military has achieved is, in my experience they usually say "maintaining peace" or something like that, which can be followed up nicely with "But only as a result of gross casualty and conflict?"
So you want to publicly embarrass an armed serviceman that keeps your country safe. What a little punk...
i don't have a problem with the military, i have a problem with the military when it starts fucking around with young peoples minds so they can boost their numbers
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Double Basser
i don't have a problem with the military, i have a problem with the military when it starts fucking around with young peoples minds so they can boost their numbers

They're not going to **** around with your mind... they're going to let you miss a class or use up an assembly time and just talk to you about how the military is a viable career choice, I guarantee that there will be no mind control syrum or subliminal messages. So don't worry about it!
yeah true we miss a class, but as opposed to 99% of movies out there we both know mind control wouldn't be used by a military careers advice group.

However giving a distorted view of the facts is just as bad. Lies are not just about what you say, they're part of what you don't say
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Double Basser
yeah true we miss a class, but as opposed to 99% of movies out there we both know mind control wouldn't be used by a military careers advice group.

However giving a distorted view of the facts is just as bad. Lies are not just about what you say, they're part of what you don't say

Agreed, I talked to some military guys briefly at a school careers thing (I don't want to join the army, I wanted a free pen), and they were incredibly manipulative. If I'd wanted to believe them, I'd've left with the idea that the army consisted of larking around for a few years then being as rich as Creosote.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by Double Basser
i need some tough questions for some military people comming into school on monday to give us advice and details about joining the armed forces.

Why do you need stuff that makes them feel uncomfortable? Because being all anti-war, anti-military is the new "trend" these days?

Be original.

Anyone that joins the military knows that they aren't joining a sunday school class. Anyone that joins up and later says "Hey! I didn't know the military killed people and broke things!" is a straight up goddamn retard...........
Last edited by Darkrunner at Mar 24, 2007,
since when has a political philosophy had anything to do with trend?

Apparently I'm one of the few who has been brought up to question everything

EDIT:

^to your edited in point you would be surprised how many people join the army thinking, i won't be sent away etc.

and in my experience of these people before it's exactly what they do - lead you to think that the chances of fatality are just as much as any other career path
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Last edited by Double Basser at Mar 24, 2007,
Just stage a peace protest right next to them. They shouldn't go into schools. Anyone who really wants to join can find them easily enough.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by TheUnholy
Agreed, I talked to some military guys briefly at a school careers thing (I don't want to join the army, I wanted a free pen)

Been there man
Quote by monkey_dancer
Just stage a peace protest right next to them. They shouldn't go into schools. Anyone who really wants to join can find them easily enough.

i know the Aussie ones aren't as bad as the yanks but yeah i would challenge anyone to say it's right to have a military and war after visiting Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

And since world war 2 the Japanese have only had a minimalistic defence force - enough to help with humanitarian situations etc. They haven't been attacked
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Double Basser

Ah well... look at it this way... you're positive that you're opposed to what they're going to say, so they're no threat to you. Personally, I don't see a problem with them coming to schools trying to recruit, but like I said... you know what your views are on it and they won't be able to change that. Don't know about your fellow classmates though.
DO IT DO IT and wear camoflage clothes and get a buzz cut and give them shite.

Then you can call yourself Dreadnaught and post a pic of yourself each week in the Stiky'd Pic Thread above (make sure you get a buzz cut, and puff your chest out for each pic)

lolz
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Mar 24, 2007,
Quote by JoeBender
So you want to publicly embarrass an armed serviceman that keeps your country safe

Don't you mean " bla bla bla . . . . an armed serviceman that keeps the worlds oil fields safe"?

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

^before i go on i gotta say that's a fucking nice guitar you got there

Quote by nephi
threadstarter, why would you want to do that?

....read the thread....
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
yeah, its bloody awesome, have you seen the pics of it? Its a little different to the standard CC's

^PM me, i love those things

yeah i'm gonna ask about whether they've actually had active service - then follow it up with so you don't have first hand experience?
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Three of my mates are Sldiers based at Enoggra in Brisbane. They are always on crystal meth and are into the rave scene big time. They certainly know how to play hard.

Quote by The Novice
Been there man

Who hasn't? Free stationary is like the Holy Grail. But with more ink. And less God.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

Squigglymetal!
Quote by Double Basser

i know the Aussie ones aren't as bad as the yanks but yeah i would challenge anyone to say it's right to have a military and war after visiting Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

And since world war 2 the Japanese have only had a minimalistic defence force - enough to help with humanitarian situations etc. They haven't been attacked

Well of course you haven't been attacked dumbass. Us big bad yanks have pretty much told the rest of the world if you mess with Japan we will kick your ass. No need for an army ours is at your disposal. As for the rest of you a-holes that are deriding the military just let me inform you that I spent ten years of my adult life protecting your right to tell me how ****ed up I am. And to whoever said ask them if they have ever killed some one you sir are not funny. Do not confuse the military and the use of military force with the politcal assholes that don't know what they are doing. I can guarentee you that any soldier that has been or is in combat does not want to be there.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
^if you'd seen my location you'd realise i'm not in fact from Japan

you raise some interesting points, but in the end i don't fancy dieing for my country when my country is only fighting for wealth.
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
If they don't want to be there, why do they sign up?
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
people join the military for a lot of reasons
training college tuition no other job options and yes some idiots do join hoping to go to war.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
training college tuition no other job options and yes some idiots do join hoping to go to war.

Then they are ignorant of the fact people die in the army, there are millions of oppurtunities other then the army - even for people with few other job options.
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Jackal58

You just contradicted your own previous statement, thus weakening your position somewhat. And someone joining for one of the other reasons is a perfect example of why military recruitment should be discouraged...
Quote by adamrandall

Squigglymetal!
^No I did not contradict my previous statement. I still stand by my statement that any one that has been in combat does not want to be there. Yes some idiots join to see combat but that desire disappears the first time they are shot at. And no there are not always other options. I lived in s.w. Pa during the late 1970's when US Steel basically shut down in Pittsburgh - unemployment rates hit 35% - there were no jobs. So I joined the army. No I was not ignorant of the fact that I may go to war and possibly die. Plus I have no problem with any individual that does not wish to join the military for any reason. It is your choice and any reason to join or not join is valid for that individual.

My point is do not deride the people that have joined. Do not deride the people that have previously served. Do not apply blame to them for the current world situations. They did not decide to go to war that decision is not for the military to make. It is made by the politicians of the world, not by the men and women that serve.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by DJaye
DO IT DO IT and wear camoflage clothes and get a buzz cut and give them shite.

Then you can call yourself Dreadnaught and post a pic of yourself each week in the Stiky'd Pic Thread above (make sure you get a buzz cut, and puff your chest out for each pic)

lolz

lol... the high-and-tight haircut is mandatory for all males in my ROTC competition team.

And, I'm sorry that you're so jealous as to how much more jacked I am than you. May you find peace somewhere else

EDIT: On topic, don't be a douchebag to military recruiters. They're just doing their job; recruiting work is actually assigned to them, it's not like they go out of their way to be a recruiter.

And if you're not a total freakin' idiot, you can learn exactly what you need to for whatever you want to do in the military if you really take some time and discuss with these recruiters.

I'm sick of how stupid and lazy the world's teenage population is, and how they even go so far as to blame military recruiters for the idiocy and ignorance of their populace.
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Mar 24, 2007,
Ask them, "what are the chances ill be coming home in a shoebox?"
Quote by Jackal58
^No I did not contradict my previous statement. I still stand by my statement that any one that has been in combat does not want to be there. Yes some idiots join to see combat but that desire disappears the first time they are shot at.

Point well made. I apologise.

And no there are not always other options. I lived in s.w. Pa during the late 1970's when US Steel basically shut down in Pittsburgh - unemployment rates hit 35% - there were no jobs. So I joined the army. No I was not ignorant of the fact that I may go to war and possibly die. Plus I have no problem with any individual that does not wish to join the military for any reason. It is your choice and any reason to join or not join is valid for that individual.

Well there's a perfect reason for the state to be looking at the problem of unemployment/economic growth rather than "defence", isn't there? And I realise you could just about argue that recruiting helps both these areas, but it's a weak, short term solution - the Government funding going on ridiculously expensive single-use weapons, etc, would help those with no other option more if it was spent on making apprenticeships available to the academically disinclined, etc.

My point is do not deride the people that have joined. Do not deride the people that have previously served. Do not apply blame to them for the current world situations. They did not decide to go to war that decision is not for the military to make. It is made by the politicians of the world, not by the men and women that serve.

Ahhhh now, I don't think anyone's deriding those who join. It's the manipulative styles of the army recruiters that are under scrutiny here.
Quote by adamrandall

Squigglymetal!
Quote by TheUnholy

Ahhhh now, I don't think anyone's deriding those who join. It's the manipulative styles of the army recruiters that are under scrutiny here.

Again it is not the military that decides how, where, when to do anything they are tasked to do. It is the politicians they work for. An all volunteer force is also much preferrable to a draft don't you think? My oldest brother was drafted - He likened the experience to slavery. And yes I do agree that society should expend more of its resources on things other than defence but until we all live in utopia that is not going to happen.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Double Basser

Why would you want to do this to people who if there was a war would be putting their lives on the line?
And they are not forcing you to join, they are probably just giving info for if you did want to join.
Quote by DJaye
Don't you mean " bla bla bla . . . . an armed serviceman that keeps the worlds oil fields safe"?

The armed servicemen dont make the orders, their goverment does. They have no choice in what they have to do, so shut up.
Quote by Double Basser

Actually japanese army (Japanese Self-Defense Forces) is one of the strongest armies in the world, don't let the name mislead you. They're world's fifth biggest military spender.
This is not a signature.
Quote by Jackal58
Again it is not the military that decides how, where, when to do anything they are tasked to do. It is the politicians they work for. An all volunteer force is also much preferrable to a draft don't you think? My oldest brother was drafted - He likened the experience to slavery.

Agreed ...but I think the guys working as recruitment DO deserve personal blame for their manipulative approach, because THEY are the ones executing it. Ultimately they're not action guys anyway, they're no more than politicians themselves, if a long way down the hierarchy, and what they do reflects badly on the army as a whole. People KNOW they can join the army if they want to, what purpose do recruitment guys do if not propaganda? Developed countries should be above such tactics. I agree that a draft would be even worse.

And yes I do agree that society should expend more of its resources on things other than defence but until we all live in utopia that is not going to happen.

But surely we should make every little stab in the vague direction of that Utopia that we can.
Quote by adamrandall

Squigglymetal!
Page 1 of 2