Alright, so the endless struggle of which guitar is nearing the end:

My choices are in order of preference:
1. Jeff Loomis signature shecter - it has a sweet finish, maple fretboard, nice pups, and I would really like an OFR on my new guitar, and it would be my first 7 string, a plus as well. Hopefully can test one Sunday.

2. Gibson Explorer - the definitive metal tone IMO, and looks comfortable as hell, as well as having good fret access. The only downsides being no tremolo and that it could be difficult to find a nice one.

3. ESP M-II - maple neck with duncans, and an OFR, and probably the highest quality guitar that I'm looking at. Though I'd hate paying $1300 for a bolt-on, and it would be hard to find in a shop.

4. Schecter Hellraiser OFR - if all else fails, it seems like a good guitar for its price, and has everything I liked about the ltd deluxe m-1000 for a little less.

Any opinions? Has anyone tried the jeff loomis out yet?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
ESP M-II and man if you hate to pay $1300 for a bolt on then you certainly have all your priorities mixed up and you will hate Caparison guitars
I say go for the ESP.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Well I'm kind of leaning towards the jeff loomis model, because it has a nice trem, satin finish, and is neck thru, and is a 7 string, which would be pretty cool to learn. I would probably go with the explorer if I didn't want a trem so badly, otherwise it's pretty godly for metal. Plus I'd save a couple hundred bucks which would help me fund the bass I want to get as well sometime.

By no means am I bashing esp for having the M-II as a bolt on - I'm sure the guitar plays like a neck through, but to me it doesn't seem like it's worth the money compared to my other options - correct me if I'm wrong though.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Last edited by lespaulrocks39 at Mar 24, 2007,