right now I'm great at the fairly slower songs...faster ones with power chords are always easy.

i'm looking for ways to speed up solos and playing in general...it just seems hard to finger the frets correctly when playing so fast IMO.
Well practicing any scale helps alot, just practice really slow then speed up to a metronome. Also just learn the solos fast, and eventually graduate them to the right pace.
PRACTICE!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
or lsd
"no fightin'"
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Super overdrive
Ashdown Fallen Angel FA40DSP
Quote by Rambo-Conny
STEROIDS!

FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by Rambo-Conny
STEROIDS!

NO WAIIIIIII

Small penis for guitar skills? Pfft, no.

Big penis for guitar skills, Kris Dahl FTW.

No drugs, great learning experience. Oh yeah should've meantioned that before, take a few of Kristofer Dahl's lessons, just search his contributions and you'll find them.

Actually you've probably already watched them, meh...
Quote by Alter-Bridge
PRACTICE!

He's right.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by moody07747
it just seems hard to finger the frets correctly when playing so fast IMO.

-Hmm, sound to me like you need more practise... I'll assume the reason you have trouble with finding the frets is because of lack of experiance. The best way to gain speed is by practising slow. Yes, I know it sounds weird but practise slowly and then speed up alittle gradually.
You are currently reading my sig.

"Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah." - Robert Plant
this question has been asked approximately 99834384 times on UG.. try a search button..

build up your speed using a metronome..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Metronome metronome metronome

Start at a moderate speed, once you can do it perfectly, with no mistakes, crank it up another 30 bpm and repeat the process

That way you know exactly how much faster you are going. Without a metronome you are jst guessing. Like a Nascar driver without a speedometer, he know he's going fast, but thats all he knows
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
PRACTICE!

Thats a very outrageous and radical suggestion. Frankly, I'm offended.
QUESTION:
where (in the world wibe web) can i find the pieces that suitable for me to practice...? i got the same problem like the threadstarter too
i suggest memorizing the fretboard as best as you can, so learn the cage system and all that crap so when you hit a note, it wont be bogus

also i recommend starting off slow and going moderate than going fast

Id recommend lookin into the work of Mr. RHOADS, melodic but simplistically fast when needed, i think it'l help you
Best thing to do is chromatics

Play 1-2-3-4

Down every string

Then 2-3-4-5

And so and and so forth.

Best thing...ever.
Quote by Shib

The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.