ok so i was playing the opening riff to Master of Puppets and its pretty fast because its all downstrokes.... i can almost play it full speed but by the time i get to the second riff my wrist gets tired... what are some excersises that i can practice to increase my wrist speed and endurance? Thanks in advance.
JUst gotta keep trying etc.
Another tallica song that's pretty much exclusively downstrokes is seek and destroy [great song], Try that out so you can improve your speed and accuracy on more thanjust one project
Wrist speed? You're already on the internet, so theres a good wrist excercise ready for you.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
what are downstroke?the chords or every part of the song?i mean..you shouldn't use alternate picking?

sorry,my english isn't really good,same as my guitar skills:p
Quote by Giabbo
what are downstroke?the chords or every part of the song?i mean..you shouldn't use alternate picking?

downstrokes(down picking) are when you are only striking the string down and not hitting them coming back up
yeah yeah,i know..i spelled it wrong:p
i wanted to say: "in wich parts you must downstroke?"

:P
just keep playing the song, i guess... i'm having the same problem at the moment with number of the beast, i can play it at full speed but sometimes get tired and then mistake. i just keep playing...
yea man ur wrist is gonna get tired from playing that ( i think its just because its so repetitive) anyways the way i got by it is that i played the riff faster and replayed it longer untill i wouldnt feel anything anymore.