Ok, heres my question:

On lego men, what is the black mark on their neck for?????
I have wondered my whole life.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
i dunno really lol maybe its to say its the reall thing not some cheap lego rip off like mega blocks
Quote by amorebelladonna
I guess I will just have to live with the fact that I ate my grandma.
maybe the base colour is black, so when they paint them a clamp is used and stops paint for getting to that bit.

i dunno!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Who cares?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Yeah i think its because of the base colour. If you look at some other part which is also black and find all the other lego men with that colour on that part then see if they all have black necks...
Or whatever.
Quote by flyingmarlin
maybe the base colour is black, so when they paint them a clamp is used and stops paint for getting to that bit.

i dunno!

Hmm, i thought you were right for a second there, but that cant be the answer because the black marks rub off after a while, and theres the white(or whatever colour the dude is) underneath.

I used to take the heads off and pretend they were robots when i was younger.

BTW Nobodies going to bed until we find an answer to this!
Quote by lachyray
the base colour is white obviously cuz when you play alot with lego the black paint get's off and there's white underneath, so that will be the base colour. you can see it on the photo

edit: goddamnit, just to late...
Looking at a lego man i have in my hand right now
Could it POSSIBLY be so that the paint spraying machines can recohgnise which side of the body to spray the decals/clothing onto? so the arms fit on that way etc and the legoan isnt backwards?

so basically to makesure their all facing hte same way?
Proof that all lego men are Michael Jacksons??
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by phillikesguitar
Looking at a lego man i have in my hand right now
Could it POSSIBLY be so that the paint spraying machines can recohgnise which side of the body to spray the decals/clothing onto? so the arms fit on that way etc and the legoan isnt backwards?

so basically to makesure their all facing hte same way?

this could be correct actually, like some of the GCSe tests ive been doing, you have to shade in a little bubble and the computer goes over it and reads it from the darkness of the bubble,

i reckon hes got it!
PSN: Noverion
Playmobil > Lego

I think it's grease, so that the head turning action is kept nice and smooth throughout the life of the little man model.
Quote by Woody_851
^sounds plausible

Goddam i love lego

+1 on both of those points

Though wouldnt the paint spraying machines get confused about which way around to put the black mark as well if they were going to get confused aboutwhich way to put the decals? Also, i would have thought it would all be put in one long continuous run? Hmmm

Edit, i just noticed that the body is symmetrical sideways, so it is quite possible. good thinking phillikesguitar. Though i still think that the paint would be added in one continuous run, they wouldnt be mixed up or anything so there wouldnt be any need to check whether they were the right way up.
Quote by lachyray
Last edited by nz_matt at Mar 24, 2007,
YAY I FEEL PROUD =D
BUT i shall email lego customer services to ask

and i shall make a new post to tell all of you interested scoundrels =]
Quote by nz_matt

Edit, i just noticed that the body is symmetrical sideways, so it is quite possible. good thinking phillikesguitar. Though i still think that the paint would be added in one continuous run, they wouldnt be mixed up or anything so there wouldnt be any need to check whether they were the right way up.

ahh but if the plastics are made seperately then transported to the painting room then there is the room for jumbling up etc
Quote by phillikesguitar
YAY I FEEL PROUD =D
BUT i shall email lego customer services to ask

and i shall make a new post to tell all of you interested scoundrels =]

Ahh yes, good idea . They'ed better get back to us.

Rambo-Conny, i liked your idea as well. I might use that quote as an example of symbolism in the English test/essay i'm doing on friday that probably should be studying for now .
Quote by lachyray
Quote by phillikesguitar
ahh but if the plastics are made seperately then transported to the painting room then there is the room for jumbling up etc

true true, but i would have thought that it would all be done in one continuous conveyor belt??
Quote by lachyray
Old School Lego > "New" Lego

I think your right about the bodies, because some dick have motifs on the back too. The only other thing I can think of is its some sort of non stick-paint they applied to the injection moudlers. Im not too sure. Thats a good question though.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass