I don't know much about computers besides that I'm using a Dell and it's slow as hell. I was thinking what are the stuff like gigabytes or ect that make a computer go faster. I know for internet I need high speed internet but what do I need for a faster computer. I like to listen to a lot of music so I want to download songs, I may want a CD burner so what is a good one, and what makes the computer go faster the bus drive or whatever? I need help because I'll probably get another computer.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
If you're getting a new computer, then get lots of RAM to make it faster. And to speed up what you have, defragment it, run disk cleanup and scan for viruses. Lots of tools can be found Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
add to your RAM.. but i don't know why your even asking if your going to get a new computer...
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
Well if your going to be storing a lot of music, you will want a fairly large harddrive. Increasing RAM will speed up your computer too. Just make sure that you have some form of spyware and virus scanner/protection. And running defrags, clean up, and error checking helps too.
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been

To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
I did search for viruses it's pretty clean so far...tell me more I need as much info as I can get.
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
okay at least 512 MB RAM, just one question how does this help...I'm just asking?
Athlon X2 4200
2 gig RAM
500 Gig hard-drive
GeForce 7900 GS 256mb
1 DVD-rom drive
1 DVD-rom Burner
SoundBlaster Audigy 2

oh yea.

But I would suggest a least 1 gig ram. 512mb is kinda low. Plus it all depends on what you want to spend on the comp. I built my own (see above specs) and that one was a little less than $1000. Since the quad-core is out now, you can get dual-cores for about $100 if you know where to look. It also depends on whether or not you plan on playing games on it. For the newer games you generally want a really nice comp because the minimum requirements for current games can be a tad high. And you always want to be a little over the minimums. Whatever you decide to do, STAY AWAY FROM VISTA. Wait until they work the bugs out.
Last edited by Hawk127 at Mar 24, 2007,
RAM speeds up the rate of which your computer processes things.
and yes, i agree, stay far far far away from vista.
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been

To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
Quote by Hawk127
Athlon X2 4200
2 gig RAM
500 Gig hard-drive
GeForce 7900 GS 256mb
1 DVD-rom drive
1 DVD-rom Burner
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Weird. I have a 500 Gig hard drive, 2 gig of RAM, and a 4200 (soon to be a 5600!!!), but I have a 7950 GX2