I thought it would be kinda cool to have a thread where you can recommend punk bands/albums/songs to each other. It would be cool for people who've heard bands and need advice on buying/downloading more of their stuff.

could someone recommend me some Black Flag, Adolescents and Leftover crack as their all bands I've heard and like but I don't have any records. Thanx
Leftover Crack's **** World Trade isn't too bad, and its a lot better than the Citizen Fish split.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Adolescents s/t is all you'll ever need. From Black Flag get:

TV Party EP
First Four Years
Damaged
Everything Went Black

And if you're into Rollins:
My War
Slip It In
Quote by hardrock1315
Black Flag - Damaged, The First Four Years, maybe even My War
Adolescents - S/T

Don't buy anything from Leftover Crack.

Why?

You should definitely get Fuck World Trade. I think someone uploaded it to gmail .
Quote by oZone_TNS
Why?

You should definitely get Fuck World Trade. I think someone uploaded it to gmail .

Yeah, they did, unfortunately.
Quote by hardrock1315
Yeah, they did, unfortunately.

Leftover Crack = a bunch of crackheads playing metal, calling it reggae, and generally acting like dicks.

Of course, if that's you're kind of thing, then more power to ya.

If I had to recommend some Black Flag, I'd say go for Damaged or Live in '84, both are great intros to the Rollins era.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords

Leftover Crack = a bunch of crackheads playing metal, calling it reggae, and generally acting like dicks.

Of course, if that's you're kind of thing, then more power to ya.

If I had to recommend some Black Flag, I'd say go for Damaged or Live in '84, both are great intros to the Rollins era.

Don't they call themselves ska punk like the rest of hellcat ?
leftover crack's album "mediocre generica" is their best. it was the most ska/punkish of all their stuff.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by ss311

Nekromantix are ska punk? damn...lol
Quote by ss311

Tiger Army doesn't call themselves Ska Punk and they're on Hellcat last time I checked. I didn't think The Heartattacks, Time Again, The Horrorpops, or the Dropkick Murphys were Ska Punk either. Learn something new every day
Last edited by Rancid_Punk at Mar 25, 2007,
and leftover crack isnt on hellcat anymore, they're on alternative tentacles. and get **** world trade, it's actually not a bad album in my opinion. but if you really want good leftover crack, get choking victim's "no gods/no managers". it's like leftover crack, but way, way better.

for black flag the first thing you should buy to get into the band is damaged. it's without a doubt their best album. THEN get the first four years.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by ss311

Can you lot not see the wink I left there? How sad and pathetic that I got flamed for taking the mick out of Hellcat's bands stereotypically sound the same. Bloody hell, you lot jump up in arms just to prove yourselves right over anything. You're so damn insecure.
Quote by ratmjb1212
and leftover crack isnt on hellcat anymore, they're on alternative tentacles. and get **** world trade, it's actually not a bad album in my opinion. but if you really want good leftover crack, get choking victim's "no gods/no managers". it's like leftover crack, but way, way better.

for black flag the first thing you should buy to get into the band is damaged. it's without a doubt their best album. THEN get the first four years.

LoC isnt on alternative tentacles...they are on FAT unfortunatly

iluvpowerchords im in no way trying to be a dick but they arent crack heads, and its not metal. they talk of crack, squatting, shooting the kids at school and death, all of that is simply them testing the rights of free speech. they are trying to see if they will be charged for what they say. i've read several interviews.i dont think they smoke crack.
I also wanted to correct him on the record label seeing as they just released a split with Citizen Fish on Fat.

So don't correct me when you don't know the facts yourself
Quote by Pick It Up123
LoC isnt on alternative tentacles...they are on FAT unfortunatly

iluvpowerchords im in no way trying to be a dick but they arent crack heads, and its not metal. they talk of crack, squatting, shooting the kids at school and death, all of that is simply them testing the rights of free speech. they are trying to see if they will be charged for what they say. i've read several interviews.i dont think they smoke crack.

my friend smoked crack with them when they played at 9th avenue a few years ago.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by Ska Wars
leftover crack's album "mediocre generica" is their best. it was the most ska/punkish of all their stuff.

i like **** world trade way better, but still, ALL leftover crack gets old fast, you get tired of hearing the word pigs and kill cops after the say it in every other song
Quote by opivy21
Can somebody tell me what the best Lurkers album is?

Fulham Fallout is a classic. This Dirty Town is pretty good.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group