Poll: Which is best for metal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is best for metal?
ESP LTD EC-1000
28 56%
Ibanez RG2550E
22 44%
Voters: 50.
ESP LTD EC-1000 or Ibanez RG2550E
Guitars
ESP LTD EC-1000 w/EMGs
Squire Showmaster tuned to D standard

Amps
Laney Hardcore MXD65 (for sale)
Harley Benton 212V

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Boss CE-5
Morley bad horsie 2

Next to buy
New amp
I would say the ibanez, simply because, well, it's an ibanez...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
well depends on whether either are modded or not? and which EC-1000 your talking about. but really neither are better they both are good at metal just one is more justified for rhythm while the other for lead
Metal, you say?

Get a Dean guitar

I've got one. They rock.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
the one with EMGs neither are modded
Guitars
ESP LTD EC-1000 w/EMGs

Amps
Harley Benton 212V

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Boss CE-5
Morley bad horsie 2

Next to buy
New amp
If its between tose two, get the EC-100. the other guitarrist in my band has it, and it is really good. I have an ibanez and its not nearly as good as the ESP.
The Conservative youth of America!
haha did any1 else see the anti-ibanez thread? lol
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

To be honest i havent played that perticular ibanez model, but I do own an EC-1000, and i Love it. I bought it back when LTD was still doing two different EMG's, now I believe its only a pair of 81's for the EMG version. I have had the guitar for a year and a couple months, since the christmas of 05 to be exact, and I really love the thing. The EMG's scream when you put it on the distortion channel, and the sustain could last for a year, my only problem is that my house was built in the early 1900's so in my upstairs bedroom where i usually play, my outlets aren't grounded which causes me to hear lots of buzzing and feedback through the amp, not the guitars fault, all 3 of my other electrics have the same thing happen. The Guitar itsself if very comfortable with easy upper fret access, the fretboard is very smooth and dark and is terribly easy to play. I have only had the guitar set up once (which it didnt really need) and since the action has been amazing, I frequently tune down to C Standard and Drop C and then back to E Standard, and I notice no Action change at all on the guitar, the neck is solid as a rock. Appearance wise the guitar turns some heads, everyone who has seen it has thought it was gourgeous, and those who played it fell even more in love with it. If mine were stolen I would buy one again in an instant. PM me if you need to know anything about the guitar, or if you want some more imput on it.
+1^
Tho its harder to shred/play excessively fast licks on a les paul(but its not impossible )
Originally posted by: rich sg
And God said unto Jesus: "Son, is there anything you want to talk about?"
And Jesus replied: "Get off my back, Dad! Judas Priest your such a frickin' homophobe! FACE!"
And so Jesus was crucified.
i'd also go with the esp, simply because of the stock pickups which are great for metal and (imo) it looks better than that particular ibanez model... but then again if u are into shredding a lot, i would go with the ibanez (but sure it works fine on both of them)
Im not an ESP fan, s'matter of fact, I hate em', you cant go wrong with a BC Rich, pricy but Heavy for the book ( and just if you took my idea, never go for the bronze series, the pickups have no power whatsoever, go for a platinum or look at the pickups for the BC Rich Signature)
No rly?

Ya rly.
Quote by PuggyRox
+1^
Tho its harder to shred/play excessively fast licks on a les paul(but its not impossible )

Agreed, but with a light set of strings and a lowered action its very do-able. Unfortunatly since i do some drop tunings i have a very heavy gauge string, but i still get around the fretboard alright.

Quote by Children Of War
Im not an ESP fan, s'matter of fact, I hate em', you cant go wrong with a BC Rich, pricy but Heavy for the book ( and just if you took my idea, never go for the bronze series, the pickups have no power whatsoever, go for a platinum or look at the pickups for the BC Rich Signature)

I'll ask you the same thing I always ask the other haters, have you ever actually played an ESP and if so what one? BC Rich makes some sweet looking guitars, but the reason I wouldnt go for them is the very reason you mentioned, the pickups are very weak unless you get one of their higher-end models, and even at that I prefer a real set of Semour Duncans or EMG's to the BC Rich Stock pick-ups.
Last edited by munit at Mar 24, 2007,
bump
Guitars
ESP LTD EC-1000 w/EMGs

Amps
Harley Benton 212V

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Boss CE-5
Morley bad horsie 2

Next to buy
New amp
dude, i tried both, and i prefered the EC-1000 WAY more.

i just hate the ibanez thin necks, it hurts to play them...

sound wise, it just depends what you're looking for... EC for rythm, RG for lead, basically.