i was wondering if their was any differences between floyd rose floating bridges and ibanez floating bridges.

is one better then the other??

does anyone know the pros and cons of each?
Ibanez edge 1's edge pro's 'ZRs' are good
edge 2's and 3's range from alright to very poor

Official FR's are fantastic. licenced ones, there are some great ones (maverick ones stand out for me) to some poor ones (some entry level cheep jacksons and ltd models do not have good FRs from experiance)

Bssically, you usually get what you pay for, but you do get some exceptions e.g. maverick OFR's x
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Quote by AndrewSchaeffer
floating bridges. are ok but i truely think FR are better because of the tremelo

Ibanez edge bridges do have the tremelo arm....
Quote by AndrewSchaeffer
floating bridges. are ok but i truely think FR are better because of the tremelo

err you realise that Ibanez do have floating bridges as well
And anyway ive heard Edge pro bridges are better than floyd roases for ease of use and tweaking but the ibanez ZR's look interesting
I've tried all of them and i like the ZR the most... why? hardly ever goes out of tune for me (i bought an ibanez s series with it) and you can change the resistance and how much it "floats"...
ZR's > everything..

but thats just me tho.. ive got an S470 with one in it.. awesome..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by xtopher_aaron
ZR's > everything..

but thats just me tho.. ive got an S470 with one in it.. awesome..

Is it really THAT different fro nrmal floating bridges?
Quote by phillikesguitar
Is it really THAT different fro nrmal floating bridges?

one word...

...YES
it lets you choose between non floatin n floatin bridge.. theres an extra springy thing behing the body you can remove to make it a full floatin trem.

go on youtube and check it out, search for ZR TREMS. I would love to go with a full floating trem by removing that spring. But my guitar is kinda new, so i dont wanna mess with anything yet. Plus im already enjoying the whammy usage.. No problem with whacky whammy stuff like Satch n Vai do all the time..

stays in tune perfectly, i usually tune my guitar only once a week with all that whammy madness..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
The ZR is vastly superior to any Floyd Rose.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
In my experience, Edge Pro and other Ibanez bridges are easier to deal with. No ball-clipping needed on the strings, nice low profile, and just as much tuning stability and ease of intonation as with other FRs. OFRs are obviously the cream of that crop, but Schaller FRs can even be better. But I always end up coming back to the Ibanez bridges.
no
Quote by xtopher_aaron
it lets you choose between non floatin n floatin bridge.. theres an extra springy thing behing the body you can remove to make it a full floatin trem.

go on youtube and check it out, search for ZR TREMS. I would love to go with a full floating trem by removing that spring. But my guitar is kinda new, so i dont wanna mess with anything yet. Plus im already enjoying the whammy usage.. No problem with whacky whammy stuff like Satch n Vai do all the time..

stays in tune perfectly, i usually tune my guitar only once a week with all that whammy madness..

What's the difference between a floating and a full floating trem?

Also, what exactly does low profile mean?
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Full Floating = Think of it as very very soft n wobbly.. less resistance is the word..yes

Non Floating = More Resistance in the Trem Bar/ Whammy Bar.

Full Floating = Divebombs made easy

Non Floating = Divebombs are a little harder to do.

Kapish?

Xedit: Low Profile eh?.. Would that be a Lo-Pro trem that ur talkin about? hmm i wouldnt know for sure how it works and why its called that. But i know its another kind of trem tho..
Last edited by xtopher_aaron at Mar 24, 2007,
The Lo pro is lower to the guitar, thus low profile, and the fine tuners are further down then the edge's. Personally I wanna get a Lo Pro but I may have to settle with the Edge Pro which supposedly is just as good. Hopefully I can fit the Lo pro in my guitar without routing, or I'll have to get the Edge Pro.
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
Quote by Firewind Raging
Also, what exactly does low profile mean?

The low profile trems such as the Lo-Pro (which I have) and the Edge Pro basically are just a lower profile trem. The original Edge has the fine tuners quite high, and the string clamps going underneath them and out the back. What they did for the Lo-Pro though was bring the fine tuners down and stop the string clamps in front of them.

Original Edge:

Lo-Pro Edge:
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.