Hmm, Dread allowed me to do this once before about 8 months ago, and since I'm supporting our community I think it will be alright to do it again.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8680035#post8680035

Check out my classical recording of me playing a small Bach section.

Night
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
lol, "short and suite"...

Well, it's good to see SOME interest of classical in here. You can't find much seriousness anymore.

Well, your technique sounds fine, and I only really noticed a couple dead notes; nothing bad about your playing at all. 99% of the notes seemed to be hit with strength and precision.

My only gripe is that you didn't have any variation in color or volume... I doubt that in any of Bach's sheet music he indicates a color change, but I'm sure that he has to indicate some crescendo's, decrescendo's, or something. Even if they are not explicitly put forth in the sheet music, you should try to start developing a personal ear as to where YOU think adding such color and volume variations would benefit the piece and truly enhance the playing experience for both you and those listening. Bring the piece to life
My God, it's full of stars!
Thanks Dread. I really really appreciate the support (which I think is especially important) and the criticism. You are right, there is no dynamics and both indicated by the piece, or expressed by myself. I do feel fairly confident in the actually notes. I'm going to work on this today. I have a uni audition coming up with this being one of my pieces. Perhaps I will post one of the other ones too. Thanks for the criticism again mein froind.

If you need something call me

Go for it man; I myself will be auditioning for college admissions for classical guitar, and I'm beginning to put together a repertoire, one that shows technique, complexity, and beauty of expression within simplicity.

I would love to know what pieces you have chosen
I'm playing the Bach allemande there, the 2nd movement (Romance) of Paganini's Grand Sonata, and Villia-Lobos' Etude #1.

With those, there is also two octave scales of the major, harmonic and melodic minor, as well as a three octave chromatic scale that goes up to the highest A#

Then, there may be some short listening tests of intervals.

What are you putting together?

Wow that sounded quite amazing.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor GS Big Leaf Maple/ Sitka Spruce
Yeah, I have the 1st Etude in my repertoire as well.

But besides that, I'm considering the following pieces:

Spatter The Dew (the guy from Boston Conservatory said it'd be great if I played that piece, when I asked him about it) by Traditional Celtic
2 or 3 movements from the Koyunbaba Suite by Carlo Domeniconi
2 or 3 movements from the Stélé suite by Philip Houghton
Fantasia by Alonso Mudarra
Fantasia by Sylvus Leopold Weiss

I figure it's a nice enough mix; I have some baroque, some contemporary, some Celtic, etc.

Haha. Let me guess, the last two are baroque?! Hah.

Ahh, that Koyunbaba is just killer. It reminds me of Leo Brouwer so much, but I like it better than some of his stuff.

I don't know the Stele suite, eep! I will have to get listening. You seem like you have a tight handle on things. When is your audish?

PS, when will I get to hear your playing?!
Haha, there's a kind of rough version of me playing the fourth movement of Koyunbaba (the quick one) on my dmusic (dready.dmusic.com)... there are also some other recordings on there, but none of them are actually GOOD. lol

More than a year old video of me playing the first two Koyunbaba movements: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM28jPeiz1o

I played the Mudarra Fantasia and the first Stélé movement for a small show at school this year, and actually performed them both very well, but I have no recordings/tapings of it

None of my auditions are scheduled yet, though I've been in contact with the guy from the school I mainly want to go to (Oberlin Conservatory). Basically, I have to schedule an audition through him for the best possible results and experience, so that will probably be sometime during my first semester, senior year (it's mandatory that it be in my senior year). Around September/October/November probably.

You?
Last edited by Dreadnought at Mar 25, 2007,