Page 1 of 4
In my personal opinion true psychadelics should not be outlawed... Many of these drugs are harmless and mind expanding not too mention completely natural, and I strongly belive many are helpful. The Iboga plant located in Gabon is the most interesting drug I have ever heard of, A 30 hour long trip that takes you through a slideshow of your life that has shaped you into the person you are now, and after many people take it, they quit smoking, doing harmful drugs, and drinking...is it just me or is that a breakthrough in the medicinal world?
From what I've heard, taking acid or whatever once or twice isn't too bad, but if you take it a lot though, it can really fuck up your head. This is just from what I've heard, I've never done any.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I completely agree with you, psychedelic drugs should be legal. However aren't some psychedelic drugs dangerous? As in you see stuff and want to kill yourself?
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by shav0r
Psychedelic=Hallucinogenic?

Psychadelics are a branch of hallucinogenics
Quote by moostafah
In my personal opinion true psychadelics should not be outlawed... Many of these drugs are harmless and mind expanding not too mention completely natural, and I strongly belive many are helpful. The Iboga plant located in Gabon is the most interesting drug I have ever heard of, A 30 hour long trip that takes you through a slideshow of your life that has shaped you into the person you are now, and after many people take it, they quit smoking, doing harmful drugs, and drinking...is it just me or is that a breakthrough in the medicinal world?

That isn't a medicinal breakthrough if it is a naturally occuring plant.

Also, hallucinogenic drugs are dangerous in that your mind becomes altered to a point where you can't be sure what you are doing and you can hurt others or yourself. In moderation, I'm sure they are much better. But to the point of legalizing, I don't think so.
Quote by moostafah

Yes but what happens if you have a bad trip taking 30 hours?
Quote by Rock'N'Soul
Yeah LSD can **** you up...Look at what happened to Syd Barret.

He did write very creative music, and died at 60 which is pretty old for a rocker
Apparently you can also get acid flashbacks. Like you'll be fine then suddenly start tripping again at a random time
Quote by I_Pwn
From what I've heard, taking acid or whatever once or twice isn't too bad, but if you take it a lot though, it can really fuck up your head. This is just from what I've heard, I've never done any.

Ask Metal-X, from what I have heard he takes acid... he always talks about it.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by shav0r
Yes but what happens if you have a bad trip taking 30 hours?

Well you I believe you can only take it as an initiation with a certain tribe there(i forget the name) and they have a shaman who guides you through it, but it probably is possible to have a bad trip
Quote by dementedpuppy
I completely agree with you, psychedelic drugs should be legal. However aren't some psychedelic drugs dangerous? As in you see stuff and want to kill yourself?

Generally, no. All drugs are dangerous if you are uninformed or misinformed. There are a lot of people who think LSD causes brain damage, which it really doesn't. If you are prepared and emotionally stable then LSD shouldn't be a problem, I haven't heard of anyone who killed themselves while tripping because of what they were seeing. As long as you have a trip-sitter with you who can calm you down if worst comes to worst than you will be fine. All you have to do is remember that it is a drug and like all drugs it will wear off.

Syd Barrett was a schizophrenic. There is a lot of research pointing to the fact that psychoactive drug use can further intensify a current schizophrenia or activate a dormant case of schizophrenia. Anyone who is at risk for schizophrenia should not be doing psychoactive drugs.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
That isn't a medicinal breakthrough if it is a naturally occuring plant.

Also, hallucinogenic drugs are dangerous in that your mind becomes altered to a point where you can't be sure what you are doing and you can hurt others or yourself. In moderation, I'm sure they are much better. But to the point of legalizing, I don't think so.

well I did say psychadelics, hallucinogens are derived of psychadelics as well as dissociatives and deliriants, and not all psychadelics alter your mind to a point where you have no idea whats going on, but yes legalizing could be a little much
I'd say psychadelics should be legalized, but it should be illegal to be under the influence of one in public (or at least a powerful one, such as LSD or PCP). I used to drop acid every friday night a number of years ago, along with MDMA and the occasional PCP, and I turned out just fine...no mental issues that I'm aware of, I live my life just like any other person who hasn't tried said drugs, and the only real issue I have with it is the occasional flashback, which isn't much compared to some of the trips I've had. At any rate, don't try any of those drugs alone, at least not until you've gotten familiar with their effects...and even then, psychedelics can be really unpredictable. You know what would be pretty cool? If they had places you could go to where you could buy and take the drugs, and it would be a controlled environment, so that no one does anything stupid or kills themselves. They could have radios and TVs and other shit for people to enjoy on their trip, and nothing that they could potentially harm themselves with. That's just my 2 cents.
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
Quote by I_Pwn

Myth. Sure a bad trip might screw you up a little, but you should be prepared for one before you even consider doing the drug. Like I said earlier, as long as you are emotionally stable and informed you will be fine on the drug. It's a very safe drug, and there are reported cases of people accidently taking hundreds of times the normal dose and not getting hurt. It is also one of the most potent drugs known to man, you take it in very small amounts.

No research can really explain flashbacks. The cause of them, from my own personal opinion and some of the research I have done, is emotion. When you are on acid your emotions are much more powerful, and if you get into an emotionally stressful situation after taking LSD that emotion can bring back the memories of the trip, giving you a flashback of the effects of the drug.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Outside Africa, iboga extracts as well as the purified alkaloid ibogaine are used in treating opiate addiction. The therapy may last several days and upon completion the subject is generally no longer physically dependent. One methadone patient said in the Dutch behind-the-news show 2 vandaag that in just four days he reached a state that normally would have taken him three months, but without the agony. Evidence suggests that ibogaine may also help to interrupt addiction to alcohol and nicotine. The pharmacological effects are rather undisputed with hundreds of peer reviewed papers in support but formal clinical studies have not been completed.

I got that from a site, I am not trying to sound intelligent there, and that does seem like a breakthrough whether its a natural plant or not, its still isnt often enough
Who would want to trip for 30hours? That would blow after awhile. Haha. Yeah psychedelic drugs do no real physical damage but can really **** with the way you think about shit.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org
So you think we should start taking drugs to stop taking them? How about you try being responsible and not start in the first place. How many 'Behind the Music's do you morons have to watch before you just leave it all alone?
Quote by moostafah
He did write very creative music, and died at 60 which is pretty old for a rocker

He didn't die from taking acid, just for being too fat :/

It was already questiond wether or not it was the Acid contributed to his eventual demise, as he supposedly very quiet and paranoid. Often the sign of somone suffering from mental defects, or skitzophrenia (dont think thats spelt right)
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by HorridxHopes
So you think we should start taking drugs to stop taking them? How about you try being responsible and not start in the first place. How many 'Behind the Music's do you morons have to watch before you just leave it all alone?

Good job. No one so far has said that it is a good idea, they are just commenting on the possiblity of it. Oh, and how about you figure out what you are talking about before you call drug users morons. Sure, there are people who take it overboard, cocaine and heroine addicts just to name a few, but that isn't the drugs fault. What is so wrong about curing someones addiction with another drug? What do you think all those patches to help quit smoking do?
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
It will never be legal because it makes you high, you don't have total control on your body and mind, legalisation is not about if its healthy or not, we got cigarets and alcool who are legal and they aren't healthy.
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.
Quote by moostafah
well I did say psychadelics, hallucinogens are derived of psychadelics as well as dissociatives and deliriants, and not all psychadelics alter your mind to a point where you have no idea whats going on, but yes legalizing could be a little much

No legalisation is a good idea. It ensures quality control and puts age restrictions on drugs. It stop criminals controlling one of the biggest industries in the world.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Doofag
My friend tried killing himself while on LSD

Why?

Was he prepared to take a powerful mind altering drug?
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Furious Bob
It will never be legal because it makes you high, you don't have total control on your body and mind, legalisation is not about if its healthy or not, we got cigarets and alcool who are legal and they aren't healthy.

Have you ever drank this so called "alcool"? Really, it's differences from marijuana are not that great. On a scale of intensity of 1 - 100 I would put alcohol at 4 and marijuana at 6. Plus, you are better off driving high than you are driving drunk. Cigarettes also give you a very powerful high, if you have never tried them. Go ahead and chain smoke two cigarettes within a few minutes if you have never smoked before, I guarentee you you will be on your ass and might puke. Nicotine is not a joke, it's a very potent and dangerous drug.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by Jakeylee111
Why?

Was he prepared to take a powerful mind altering drug?

Guess not

He didn't like what was happening and he thought the only way to end the trip was to kill himself
Quote by goods2006
Myth. Sure a bad trip might screw you up a little, but you should be prepared for one before you even consider doing the drug. Like I said earlier, as long as you are emotionally stable and informed you will be fine on the drug. It's a very safe drug, and there are reported cases of people accidently taking hundreds of times the normal dose and not getting hurt. It is also one of the most potent drugs known to man, you take it in very small amounts.

No research can really explain flashbacks. The cause of them, from my own personal opinion and some of the research I have done, is emotion. When you are on acid your emotions are much more powerful, and if you get into an emotionally stressful situation after taking LSD that emotion can bring back the memories of the trip, giving you a flashback of the effects of the drug.

I completely agree with everything you said...and that almost never happens on these forums. I notice that sometimes whenever I'm experiencing any extreme emotion (good or bad), that I'll experience a brief flashback...not all the time...but more often than not.
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
Quote by Doofag
Guess not

He didn't like what was happening and he thought the only way to end the trip was to kill himself

As long as he is allright now.

Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by moostafah

ya but he went insane

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
its funny how many people think that natural means harmless.

I agree and i'm pro-legalisation. People should be taught the pros and cons of all drugs and if they have a risk of mental illness they shouldn't take any mind altering drugs (yes, even alcohol).
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by Doofag
Guess not

Like I said earlier, it's important to be informed about the drug and emotionally stable. If he had a trip sitter with him who could tell him that it would be okay and that the feeling would pass in a few hours, and people have done this for a long time and haven't gotten hurt, he would have been okay. It was a stupid mistake on his part to take the drug alone, but I still have a lot of sympathy for him. But again, don't blame it on the drug, he should have thought about what he was doing before he did it.

Why are people still arguing about Syd Barrett, anyone read what I said earlier?

Quote by Goods2006

Syd Barrett was a schizophrenic. There is a lot of research pointing to the fact that psychoactive drug use can further intensify a current schizophrenia or activate a dormant case of schizophrenia. Anyone who is at risk for schizophrenia should not be doing psychoactive drugs.

Read it.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by goods2006
Good job. No one so far has said that it is a good idea, they are just commenting on the possiblity of it. Oh, and how about you figure out what you are talking about before you call drug users morons. Sure, there are people who take it overboard, cocaine and heroine addicts just to name a few, but that isn't the drugs fault. What is so wrong about curing someones addiction with another drug? What do you think all those patches to help quit smoking do?

i wonder what would happen if you went up to someone and said that you were on cocaine and planned on quitting by using LSD....what would their reaction be?

Jack my swag
Quote by goods2006

How are drug users not morons? I personally like being able to remember where I put things. And of course it's not the drugs' problem, that's why I called the users morons and not the drugs themselves. I don't see in the logic in getting someone REALLY high to stop them wanting to get high. Sure, it may work, but I don't see the point. If they want to do the drugs so badly, let them get fucked up and die. They're dumb as a stump anyway.
Last edited by HorridxHopes at Mar 24, 2007,
Quote by gopherthegreat
i wonder what would happen if you went up to someone and said that you were on cocaine and planned on quitting by using LSD....what would their reaction be?

Why would it matter what their reaction is? LSD actually causes a lot of people to quit doing drugs, because they realise that drugs are not for them and they are only harming themselves. It isn't the sort of thing you can do on purpose though, you can't just say I'm taking LSD to quit cocaine, because it isn't going to happen. It usually happens to people who don't even realise that they have a problem until they are on another drug that makes them think about themselves, inside and out. Some of those people will quit doing drugs, some of them wont.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
I really wish people would research drugs before taking them/spreading misinformation about them :/.

Psychedelics should be legal, however, they aren't for everyone. I have done acid before and I had the best time of my life because I was emotionally prepared for it and researched the living shit out of it before i took it.

Quote by HorridxHopes
How are drug users not morons? I personally like being able to remember where I put things. And of course it's not the drugs' problem, that's why I called the users morons and not the drugs themselves. I don't see in the logic in getting someone REALLY high to stop them wanting to get high. Sure, it may work, but I don't see the point. If they want to do the drugs so badly, let them get fucked up and die.

I hope you get in a near fatal car accident and become a vegetable.
I am the Infantry.
Quote by moostafah

Psychadelic drugs affect the brains chemistry, and can cause permanent harm; brain damage, psychosis, schizophrenia etc.

Everyones brain is different, just because someone sees a wonderful sunset combined with the most wonderful feeling of joy, doesnt mean that you will to. You may see a vision of your own face being torn to shreds by some nightmarish creature.
Combined with a feeling of terror that you will never forget.
Quote by goods2006
Why would it matter what their reaction is? LSD actually causes a lot of people to quit doing drugs, because they realise that drugs are not for them and they are only harming themselves. It isn't the sort of thing you can do on purpose though, you can't just say I'm taking LSD to quit cocaine, because it isn't going to happen. It usually happens to people who don't even realise that they have a problem until they are on another drug that makes them think about themselves, inside and out. Some of those people will quit doing drugs, some of them wont.

ooooo......gotcha. i get it now. i guess i didnt understand fully what you were saying before.

Jack my swag
Quote by HorridxHopes
How are drug users not morons? I personally like being able to remember where I put things. And of course it's not the drugs' problem, that's why I called the users morons and not the drugs themselves. I don't see in the logic in getting someone REALLY high to stop them wanting to get high. Sure, it may work, but I don't see the point. If they want to do the drugs so badly, let them get fucked up and die.

You are calling all drug users morons? You just called a lot of people on this earth morons. I remember where I put things. If you are really that devoted in saying that drug users are stupid, then I am going to assume that you have never taken any sort of drug for illness. It's basically the same thing, isn't it? I mean tylenol affects your brain and body as well, so what's the big difference? Anti-biotics save millions of lives, and guess what, you are eating bacteria to kill other bacteria? But of course, it's perfectly okay for you to take anti-biotics when you are sick without thinking about how you are using bacteria to kill off other bacteria but if a drug user tries to quit using a drug by using another drug then they are morons? Drugs are not as dangerous as you may think, yes there are dangerous drugs, but a drug like marijuana and LSD is not harmful what so ever if you know your body and your mind.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by Tallman
Psychadelic drugs affect the brains chemistry, and can cause permanent harm; brain damage, psychosis, schizophrenia etc.

No man, you are wrong. If you already have those problems they can bring them out but it's not like it causes those problems. Psychedelics aren't for everyone.
I am the Infantry.
Page 1 of 4