my band is an indie/jam rock band, we mostly write all of our own music, and we love it. we are a three piece right now, with me playing guitar, another guitar, and drums. Alot of of our friends tell us that we sound great but we need a bass player. we don't really see a need to hurry in getting one, but they say our gigs r gunna b terrible until we get one. so, im just lookin for some advice, or an opinion on whether we should get a bass player, and what itll b like without one. thanks
You need one to fill out your sound. It may not seem like you need one, but play with one, and then play without one and you should notice the difference.
Oh Shit!
Either have a guitarist play bass, or pick up a bass player. Having no bass is like having no drums, it's a key element in the basic rhythm, essential for timing and the overall sound even if it isn't the prevalent instrument of the sound.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
yeah get a bassist. I've never seen a band without a bassist do well.. seen a band without a drummer do fine. but they were mostly acoustic and piano stuff... and eventually they broke down and got a drummer.
Get a bassplayer!
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
you need a bassist for the low end and just to sound cool
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Cobalt Blue
yeah get a bassist. I've never seen a band without a bassist do well.. seen a band without a drummer do fine. but they were mostly acoustic and piano stuff... and eventually they broke down and got a drummer.

White Stripes?

It depends on how full your sound is. It may sound hollow without a bassist, so it's probably best to get one
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Well it probably is best to go get a Bassist

Try a few out but if you think you sound better without one then theres no reason to have one...I saw a band with only Guitar + Drums once and they were pretty good
There are 2 options in my mind here. Have a guitarist switch to bass, or get a bass player, because as much as most of them suck ( just kidding guys) they really are important.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Americanhoser
Either have a guitarist play bass, or pick up a bass player. Having no bass is like having no drums, it's a key element in the basic rhythm, essential for timing and the overall sound even if it isn't the prevalent instrument of the sound.
+1

Couldn't find more logical advice. If you've noticed, most bands have a bassist, and although you may not hear them you'll note their presence a hell lot more than if they're absent. I've seen tons of guitarist and drummers think that they don't need a bassist and when they go to play a live show, they sound TERRIBLE.

All in all, get a bassist
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by justin_fraser
There are 2 options in my mind here. Have a guitarist switch to bass, or get a bass player, because as much as most of them suck ( just kidding guys) they really are important.

I would think its better to have no bassist over a really sucky one...