Page 1 of 4
like when you improvise, which guitarist do you end up playing most like?

i guess you can also consider when you are playing pentatonic and major/minor scale music as well. i searched and didn't find anything so sue me if you find anything.
Vai mixed with Hammet mixed with just a hint of Corey Beaulieu. Just not as good as them by a long shot...But they're who I get told I sound like a lot.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Whenever I'm just messing around I sound like every other metalhead that walks into Guitar Center and plays. Just when I'm messing around though.
The Walking Dead
john mclaughlin, it's funny too cause I never even heard of john mclaughlin till some one said "hey you're really influenced by john mclaughlin, huh?" But that's cool cause mclaughlin is insanely tallented.
People say I play a lot like EVH, and they say when I play the song I made up, (Harmonis Electronisis) I play like Vai
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
bradly nowell-ska ish stuff...pentatonic solos, etc
hendrix,clapton- blues (though i am nowhere near as good)
punkish stuff- smashing pumpkins, the clash,stuff like that
hard rock- actually i developed my own kind of style for this...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
when i improvise , im trapped in pentatonic and the harmonic minors

so it sounds like BB king with a burito up his arse

i wish i was as good as BBking, he is living proof that speed is far from everything.

i base alot of my stuff in a way similar to Tom morello

Warning : i suck
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Kirk Hammett probably, maybe mixed with a bit of Herman Li when i go crazy
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by shav0r
Resembling someone else is a bad thing

How so? Everyone out there resembles someone else in some way. We develop our styles after listening to other people play afterall.

Sounding like a carbon copy of someone is a bad thing, resembling someone is not.

Anyway, I tend to take the bluesier side of Satriani (not the legato) with a bit of SRV.
Quote by david_highland
john mclaughlin, it's funny too cause I never even heard of john mclaughlin till some one said "hey you're really influenced by john mclaughlin, huh?" But that's cool cause mclaughlin is insanely tallented.

OMG someone else! My guitar teacher always said I was like his reincarnation
Shawn Lane - Good People in times of evil

Type stuff. Not that good at improvising though. But I learned sooo much from that album.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
ummm bit of Page, bit of Blackmore, bit of Morse, bit of Hammet, some Iommi, once in awhile I play something that sounds a bit like Morello, but not crazy whammy pedal or anything.. i dunno just some parts of guitarists I learned from early on and whatever shape my own style has taken.
Master Shake 'you make me feel emotional' \m/

Probably Blackmore though, i am a huge fan and we share similar influences too I guess.
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Glen'sHeroicAct, I know I'm double posting but I just read what you have for your location, and you know what I'd want the purple stuff too.... sunny d is like if you drank orange juice then vomited and then drank your vomit. Sunny d is aweful, and it's like I'm the only one who can see that. I say up with the purple stuff, down with the sunny d.
Quote by david_highland

thats pretty kick ass. My guitar teacher, teaches a lot of Mclaughlin stuff to get people to expand they're creativity and stop living inside common scales. Birds of Fire is mind blowing... I like to use the little triplet riff a lot when improving.
I sound like a retarded Karl Sanders had sex with a retarded Mark Morton and Willie Adler.....then I was the result but i never got very good.

but hey those are insanely talented players.....so even if i was a retarded version of them i must be doing something right
Quote by david_highland
Glen'sHeroicAct, I know I'm double posting but I just read what you have for your location, and you know what I'd want the purple stuff too.... sunny d is like if you drank orange juice then vomited and then drank your vomit. Sunny d is aweful, and it's like I'm the only one who can see that. I say up with the purple stuff, down with the sunny d.

That's a Dave Chapelle quote, isn't it?
<Omri> I love trannys too..
I bit of Kirk Hammett, bit of Jimmy Page, whatever that guy from Megadeth is called, and I little bit of Brian May
I HAVE A BAND NAMED FALLING CONFESSIONS
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

"When there's a freakin' will, there is always a freakin' way!"
Quote by flyingmarlin

i wish i was as good as BBking, he is living proof that speed is far from everything.

Ya know, I've never actually seen ANYONE say that 'speed is everything.' I always see it pop up in arguements about shred, but I've never talked to anyone that listens to anything just 'for the speed.' So ya know, I don't think that anyone really needs proof that speed isn't everything, since it seems pretty obvious.
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
I don't know the name of the guitarist but it's that guy out of Dinosaur Jr.
When I first listened to them I had a strange moment where I was like ":O Is that me playing?" But alas it was not :P
Quote by Hells_Bell
That's a Dave Chapelle quote, isn't it?

Are you talking about me, or Glen'sHeroicAct... cause I quote no one...(except you)
I've been told my style resembles Matt Bellamy (Muse) and Mike Griffin (Tsunami Bomb), but mostly Mike Griffin. Singing? Trent Reznor.
ive been told that i sound like Slash and Jimi
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Anders Nyström From Katatonia I'd say. When I play fast stuff it sounds more like Jeff Hanneman (Slayer).
I've had a lot of people tell me Muddy Waters and B.B. King. Even if I'm playing something heavy it's all very bluesy.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Umm...lead, my leads are generic pentatonic wankery, so SRV and Jerry Cantrell, but not as good. Riffs and stuff, somewhere between Adam Jones and Muhammed Suicmez (Depends on what I'm playing)
Ive been told i sound like a moaning dog mixed with the squeels of chipmunks.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Some solo's sound like Dan Spitz mixed with Yngwie Malmsteen (although not as good), and my riffs sound like Some weird bluesy induced thrash.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Billy gibbons apparently, which is a good thing and alot of my original songs sound similar to radiohead and audioslave (pretty wierd).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Page 1 of 4