What's so great about this? There's nothing special about the price, either. Save up about $500 US Dollars(I guess 240ish pounds for you), and get the Schecter Blackjack. Much, much better. Has genuine Seymour Duncan pick-ups, not crappy stock pick-ups, and it's got a set-in neck, too.
Member #3 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.
meh.. its just like any other starter guitar.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Fargalas
What's so great about this? There's nothing special about the price, either. Save up about $500 US Dollars(I guess 240ish pounds for you), and get the Schecter Blackjack. Much, much better. Has genuine Seymour Duncan pick-ups, not crappy stock pick-ups, and it's got a set-in neck, too.
Ah if only I could buy it at that price. The Blackjack is £350 here.

And from the reviews I read so far for the Black Hawk, I saw some raving about how great and cheap it is, so I wanted some live replies you know?

Also, I'd just like to add the eternal question of Roland Vs Vox.

Roland Cube 30 or Vox AD15VT

The Vox is £30 more expensive, but its tube. Opinions?
Quote by Satch_Boogie
Ah if only I could buy it at that price. The Blackjack is £350 here.

And from the reviews I read so far for the Black Hawk, I saw some raving about how great and cheap it is, so I wanted some live replies you know?

Also, I'd just like to add the eternal question of Roland Vs Vox.

Roland Cube 30 or Vox AD15VT

The Vox is £30 more expensive, but its tube. Opinions?

its not tube, its a modelling tube amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
There is a tube in the vox, but from what i've heard it makes very little difference, and is still priamrily a digital amp like the cube. Though the vox does handle your style of music better than the cube. Personally i'd go with the vox here http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vox-ad-15vt/12178
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )