I have to do a composition for my music A level, and decided to go for something fun and interresting which is why i chose Ska. i want to do it in reel big fish/less than jake style of ska.

I listen to alot of that kind of ska but have never written any. Cant play it though.

I just wondered if you have any tips for me, as in chord sequences. Types of chords, song structures etc...... Cheers xxx
Most people die with their music still locked up inside them.

Quote by La Qotsa
In Soviet Russia, UG closes YOU.
Take an A chord like

-5-----------------------------------------------5-------5--------------------------5-------5
-5----------and then play the A like this--5--or--x---or in minor chords-5--or--x
-6-----------------------------------------------6-------6--------------------------5-------5
-7-----------------------------------------------7-------7--------------------------7-------7
-7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try chords like that

theyre all A majors and Minors still
Quote by adr11iano
gain:9
treble:8
mids:5
bass:6
volume:0

this is the best when playing paramore
that didnt come out right but i think you can figure it out
Quote by adr11iano
gain:9
treble:8
mids:5
bass:6
volume:0

this is the best when playing paramore
well first of all this isn't the place to ask for help- you should go to the questions thread.

I think this explains it and be sure to read the entire faq/rules thread too
Quote by FAQ
This forum is for original work only.
This is not the place to ask for help on how to write lyrics; we have a large ?Lyrics Tips? thread for that. No ?Do you write lyrics or music first?? threads, no ?Who is your favorite lyricist?? threads, no ?Help me put music to this? threads. This is not the place. Those threads will immediately be closed. If you?re unsure as to where to put a thread, please PM a mod of this forum (like myself) and we?ll be happy to help.

and sorry i dont know anything about ska so i can't really help you while i'm at it

so a deleting and posting in the correct thread would be lovely

thanks
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me