I know its not a great idea but how safe ,equiptment, wise is to order guitars, amps and other stuff online? There is only one small music store were i live and when i say small i mean SMALL. Also it is pretty pricey as it is the only one in the area. I've been thinking of ordering stuff online but i want to be sure it will arrive in one peice and in working condition. My only other option is to drive to a larger store (the closest is about 100 miles from my house) and hope they have everything there.
All the stuff I've ordered through musiciansfriend.com has been fine.

They have money back guarantees if you want to send back a dud.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I dont like ordering guitars, I would rather just buy it, simply because of shipment. I have ordered several pedals, effects and stuff, picks, strap locks, cases, from musicansfriend.com. Its all good.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
never buy a guitar before playing the one you are buying
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
mainly everything i got came from musician's friend. my sg came in perfect condition from them. but my les paul was one of 6 on display and uh, yeah not as great condition.

no need to be so skeptical about buying online, that's what lawyers are for.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by ericgentz
I dont like ordering guitars, I would rather just buy it, simply because of shipment. I have ordered several pedals, effects and stuff, picks, strap locks, cases, from musicansfriend.com. Its all good.

+1

I really like to handle an instrument before I buy, but I have no trouble ordering everything else on-line. I've also had success with MF.

I'd advise you to look around locally for used stuff (Craig's List, classifieds, pawn shops, etc.), much better deals that way. Also, if you have a wad to spend, it might be worth the long trip to the guitar store (call them first!) because you'll be able to haggle with them to the tune of 15-20% or more off the list price. Can't haggle with a website.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Try the stuff out before you buy in another shop, especially if you're buying a guitar or amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30