Page 1 of 11
anyone from Finland here? if so, where in finland?

myself, i´m from Åland
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
anyone from Finland here?

not me, but i did always wonder where that funky "Å" letter came from
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by samuwel
not me, but i did always wonder where that funky "Å" letter came from

we got three extra letters, Å Ä Ö. only because our language is on another level than yours

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Suomi FTW! I'm Finnish, but not from Finland.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Ferrarone
we got three extra letters, Å Ä Ö. only because our language is on another level than yours

oo are they on your keyboard?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by Ferrarone

That's one way of putting it...
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Ferrarone
anyone from Finland here? if so, where in finland?

myself, i´m from Åland

Aland islands don't count as finland, typera

I'm not actually finnish but I have family there and can speak the language on a tourist-level, y'know, all the important stuff like 'yks olut, ole hyvaa'

Oh and my family over there live in Koria, a practically nonexistant town, near the equally nonexistant Kuusankoski and Kouvola.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Mar 24, 2007,
Bah, you got all those letters from us Swedes! Did you non-Finns know they actually speak Swedish is some parts of Finland (I mean, they teach them Swedish in school and everything!)?

Yes, that's right, I am the destroyer of worlds, and I'll start with humiliating Finland!
hey leave finland alone !
best power and melodic metal ever !
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by Renka
Bah, you got all those letters from us Swedes! Did you non-Finns know they actually speak Swedish is some parts of Finland (I mean, they teach them Swedish in school and everything!)?

Yes, that's right, I am the destroyer of worlds, and I'll start with humiliating Finland!

Yes, but nobody actually bothers with it. You Swedes and your bloody 6% population of Finland It's the most commonly failed subjects in schools, and no finns I know can speak any. Do you learn Finnish in Sweden then?
Quote by the_extremist00
hey leave finland alone !
best power and melodic metal ever !

In Flames, man! Dark Thranquility! Opeth or Hammerfall? I mean, they've got like one good band (Children of Bodom, that is).
Yes, but nobody actually bothers with it. You Swedes and your bloody 6% population of Finland It's the most commonly failed subjects in schools, and no finns I know can speak any. Do you learn Finnish in Sweden then?

Actually, about half of all the Finns I've heard of speaks Swedish pretty okay, even if they come from parts of Finland where they don't actually learn it in school. Could be coincidence though.
And the reason 6% of our population is Finnish is because we were too chicken to fight in the Russian Winter Wars... I mean, the reason 6% of our populations is Finnish is because they grew tired of being awakned by drunk neighbours in the middle of the night.
Oh, and they also wanted a shot at winning the Eurovision Song Contest (damn Lordi, ruining Finlands hilarious record in that stupid thing!)!

But we don't actually learn Finnish at school here, only Swedish, English and a choice of French, Spanish or German (or in my case, Japanese).
^^ I've never understood how people can learn another language, and then english on top of that. Especially finns, I mean their language is hard enough on its own without learning swedish and english on top of that

I didn't know 6% of Sweden is Finnish, I was talking about the other way round. Swedes who decided to stay after Finland got it's independance...

Most Finns also have to decide who they dislike more, Sweden or Russia (Sweden always beat them in the hockey but Russia... well, it's Russia) I chose not to dislike Sweden because I'm a swedophile
I wish I was. Cool country, great music and cool language.
Where can I find a edinbourogh?...
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
^^ I've never understood how people can learn another language, and then english on top of that. Especially finns, I mean their language is hard enough on its own without learning swedish and english on top of that

I didn't know 6% of Sweden is Finnish, I was talking about the other way round. Swedes who decided to stay after Finland got it's independance...

Most Finns also have to decide who they dislike more, Sweden or Russia (Sweden always beat them in the hockey but Russia... well, it's Russia) I chose not to dislike Sweden because I'm a swedophile

It's pretty easy to learn a new language, especially when you're constantly surrounded by it. Take English for example, all TV shows, all music, all movies; it's all in English. That's why a lot of Swedish kids learn to speak it before they start going to school.

I didn't know 6% of Sweden is Finnish either, I just misread your post and figured you were right!

Aww, that's sweet. Damn it! Now you've made me all confused and fuzzy-like! Ah well, 'twas probably for the best since I'm about to get drunk stone cold about not anyway!
You don't get Swedish TV in Sweden?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

You're from Finland huh?

By any chance, are you in love with Conan O'Brien?
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by samuwel
oo are they on your keyboard?

yeah, even our keyboards are smarter than you

Quote by JamieB
You don't get Swedish TV in Sweden?

Nope, all the shows sweden produce get shown in Finland on the Swedish hour every night. Seriously, that 6% get way too spoilt!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Nope, all the shows sweden produce get shown in Finland on the Swedish hour every night. Seriously, that 6% get way too spoilt!

You know too much about other countries to be English

Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Damn! Exposed!

>.>
<.<

Nah, it's just that I spent all my school holidays as a kid in Finland, you pick stuff up.
SWEDEN RULES.

Well im from sweden so i guess its close.

We got extra letter becuase were to grim to not have them
Ä - like "ea"
Å - like "oa"
Ö - like "io"

Yeah or something
I thought Å was pronounced like the noise you make when you go to the dentists?

Anyway this threads been hijacked!
i wanna go to finland...

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

It is

It's just that we scandinaves found a way to use it
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Nope , the dentist sound would be AA
Å is like a mixture of o and a
Here in Norway we sometimes use AA as Å.

Aal = Ål etc.
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
I dont get how you people are so fascinated with Finland, its cold and wet 10 months in a year and the best bands we have (Mokoma and Stam1na IMO, check 'em out) aren't really known abroad.

Also, there's maybe 4 finnish UG'ists.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

That's so bizarre....

That's actually from a Finnish band by the name of Loituma. Song name is Ievan Polkka.

Really cool song.

And to the other guy that said no good Finnish music other than Bodom, try Sonata Arctica, Apocolyptica, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Stratovarius, Korpiklaani, Wintersun, and one of my favorites...

NIGHTWISH!!
AT PURDUE!!! ( I think i'm the only one at Purdue that is on the forums....)

Awesome bands YOU! need to check out: Pain of Salvation, Vision Divine, Angra, Ayreon
Quote by ThePurpleRabbit
Here in Norway we sometimes use AA as Å.

Aal = Ål etc.

Yeah man, its different in Sweden.

Its like oaland = Åland