Looking to get into writing some post-hardcore type songs in the mould of Fightstar and jsut wondering what everyone recommends for the two effects im after. Namely I'm loking for a delay pedal and have my eye on the Marshall EchoHead and I also want a Phaser but have no idea where to start with that!

Help is much appreciated!
I dont know why i know this, but they use a boss delay-6 for all there delay (some total guitar interview), also i would invest in a good reverb pedal as well as some phase.

TBH, you could spend some money on a danelectro phase, then move onto a boss, then an mrx. i would say save up now an invest in the mrx, my fav flange ever ever ever.

Good luck x
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
I used to be quite a fan of flange but my interest in it has waned.

I only want to get a couple of pedals at the mo though, cos sooner rather than later I want to get a new tube amp... i currently have a Marshall AVT150 and I know you either love them or hate them, but I hate it. It seems to be the step up amp for beginners who want to start gigging.

I've recently got a very nice Schecter C-1+ and popped two £100 BKP boutique pickups and the pups are just too eloquent for this amp, the amp really gives no clarity at all! The amp is so bad I am a bit hesitant about getting a Marshall tube amp like I was planning on - you don't happen to know what amps fightstar use do you?

Might seem a bit wierd me saying I want to give post-hardcore a go then on about marshall, but my other love is the typical Classic rock slash tone that will probably lead me to putting some Alnico II Pros in my next guitar (which maybe could be an LP Studio ... even though strangely I do like the 490T and 498R combo)
has anyone else had this where their pups and guitar are just too good for their amp and the amp is the limiting factor? Is this actually possible or am I just confused and hoping that it is the amp?
IMO the echohead is awesome. I have one, fantastic pedal. I've heard some issues with reliability but havent had a problem with mine.
Quote by RzrbldeSuitcase
has anyone else had this where their pups and guitar are just too good for their amp and the amp is the limiting factor? Is this actually possible or am I just confused and hoping that it is the amp?

I'd say it's more often the amp that's limiting your sound, it's such a huge part of your tone.
that's reassuring, because after spending all the money on the new pups, i was basically underwhelmed by their sound, they obviously ound better but I think the amp is just so stunting to the pups.

wots a good tube amp that i can use for practice in a flat but could also possibly do the job on stage with a decent cab? Possibly the Orange Tiny Terror? Ya see I want to get the professional quality tone but I'm not too bothered about gigging it just yet - i hav friends with decent marshall tube amps that i could lend.
yeah orange tiny terrors are awesome

*waits for Jinskee to arrive and convince you to get the tiny terror *
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
ive only just really heard about the tiny terror and these types of amps!

Let me get this right, they are basically professional grade tone - all tube amps( mostly for use as heads even though they have their own speakers) They are low wattage and more suited for practice than gigging, is that right?

What other amps like this are there? Are there any that would get the tone I'm loking for? The post-hardcore Fightstar type tone?

Am considering chucking my AVT on eBay and getting 150 quid for it.
heads dont have their own speakers- combos do
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3
heads dont have their own speakers- combos do

Yes, yes, but you know what I mean, they are essentially heads with a speaker chucked in them, im guessing they are designed to be used in conjunction with a cab?
okay.

you have heads, you have cabinets and you have combos

combos are heads and combo's stuck together and you dont need a cabinet- although you can hook up a cabinet to a combo's power/pre amp.

heads are just the EQ, power amp and pre amp- these need cabinets as they dont have speakers of their own- never turn on a head without a cabinet attatched- you'll blow the transistors.

Cabinets are simply boxes of speakers which have no power/input of their own- these need a head or combo to be of any use.

does that help?

edit: i guess not seeing as the topic is about effects, but i think i helped? lol
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

For post-hardcore, I tend to think of Thursday, The Fall Of Troy etc. but whatever.

They mostly seem to use delay (The Fall Of Troy uses this a lot), chorus, maybe a bit of flanger, and every now and then a bit of reverb.

But yeah, I'd probably replace your amp before I spent a tonne on effects.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I'm sorry.... post-hardcore? What's pre-hardcore, and what is hardcore? Someone help here... cause this is confusing.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Hardcore is Trivium and such, with the noise-guitar work and the shouty vocals.
Post-hardcore is a nicer name for emo.
Quote by Danno13

No...I hope that was a joke...

Hardcore = Bad Brains, Terror, Black Flag, Madball, Minor Threat etc.

Post-hardcore = At The Drive-In, Thursday etc.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by Danno13

Trivium are metal...UG are just adamant that they're not.

Hardcore is stuff like funeral for a friend
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace