Are these good Amps? I have been checking them out online and for a hundred dollars I figured I couldn't lose. The reviews said they sounded great, and I have never owned a tube amp.

The thing is, I've never owned a seperate amp either, so I would need a cabinet to go with this. Does anyone know what types of cabinets I need to look at for this amp? Or if the wattage is too small to even sound good? If I don't go with this, I will probably get a Randall G3 or Peavey Valveking.
there's a lot of threads dedicated to the vj, search for it and you'll find tons of info.

but, yeah you need a cabinet, or you can hook it up to a combo and use it's speaker. sounding good is what's important, not looks, and wattage has nothing to do with tone. go for a cab with decent speakers. and it gives off a classic rock tone, with more lows than i expected. and it's too loud to be cranked at bedroom level.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Mar 24, 2007,
The thing is, I've never owned a seperate amp either, so I would need a cabinet to go with this. Does anyone know what types of cabinets I need to look at for this amp? Or if the wattage is too small to even sound good? If I don't go with this, I will probably get a Randall G3 or Peavey Valveking.

Well there is a combo version. Its only like 40$ more. I think you can use the combo one with a cabinet aswell if you ever wanted to do that.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Sorry about not searching, I'm new to this :P.

I checked it out, and it seems I may go with the 15w combo, at 300. I would probably end up paying 300 for the head and cab anyway, and this one has built in effects, 15w of power, and could turn into a head if I am correct?
The VJ has a speaker out so the VS probably will.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Get the VJ with head and cab.
It can be pretty loud.
Enough to kill your neighbours.

Hmm, you would have to buy pedals for other effects, but don't worry, the VJ takes pedals really well.
I really like those Avatars though, especially how you can get custom colors and speakers. Sadly, I don't know what the hell the difference between Greenbacks and Vintage 30s are.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi