im gonna get a new amp and i've narrowed it down to these three

-Fender FM 212R combo
-Marshall MG50DFX
-Crate FXT120

i play rock and blues and some metal
I say scrap them all and go try a Roland Cube 60
Celtic FootballClub1888
ok well whats your price range? id assume around 400 since thats what the MG is?

you have two options, option #1 - to save about 100-200 dollars more and get a nice tube amp, or option #2, i say you get a VOX AD series amp or a Cube

NEVER GET AN MG, THERE HATED AROUND HERE FOR GOOD REASON, THE TONE IS LIFELESS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CLEANS AS EVERYTHING DISTORTS, AND THE DISTORTION IS LAUGHABLE
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

the fender is the best in my opinion. but only get it if you have a disortion/overdrive pedal, cause the built in overdrive sucks.
also i recomend you do what I did, go down to your guitar store and try out a tube amp around 600-700 dollars. Im telling ya dude, once you have heard tube for the first time you CANNOT get another SS amp. I thought my cube was fantastic until I tried out a Fender Blues Deluxe. Now look at my signature.

But, if you really want a nice amp now, the cube is a great amp!
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

whatever you do, don't get the fender 212. my friend has one and i couldn't get a decent tone out of it at all, using a pretty good epiphone les paul. i have a Marshall AVT 50 and would recommend it as it sounds good clean and distorted with my paul, fender strat, and acoustic for rock, blues, metal, and punk. i think it was around $400-500
Quote by blacksides
whatever you do, don't get the fender 212. my friend has one and i couldn't get a decent tone out of it at all, using a pretty good epiphone les paul. i have a Marshall AVT 50 and would recommend it as it sounds good clean and distorted with my paul, fender strat, and acoustic for rock, blues, metal, and punk. i think it was around $400-500

nope, sorry, but the AVT is about as bad as the MG
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
nope, sorry, but the AVT is about as bad as the MG
Hmm that's a bit harsh IMO, an AVT would score higher than an MG out of 10...

Say 1.4 instead of the MG's 1.3.

The only reason they get 1 is because they turn on and make noise. At least the first time you try. If they worked the second time, the MG would score at least 2.1.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ok so no marshall
what about a vox? i've never played one before
Quote by nick83
what about a vox? i've never played one before

IMHO, it's the best of the SS/modelers. If rock and blues is the bulk of what you do, the AD50VT'll be a fine choice.

That's if, as mentioned above, you don't want to go tube. You could get an excellent used tube combo in the same price range you're looking at with these amps. Something to consider. Even the best SS amp will eventually start to sound stale.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.