Hey about 1 month ago i bought a digitech Rp80 pedal board and it's great. I love all the effects but i need some better distortions because i play rhythm guitar in a band. And this guy has offered to trade me a Boss Ds-1 for the digitech rp80. Should i do it? What do you think?
i dont know how much the digitech board is but the guys offering you one distortion pedal for a pedal board with multifx, that seems like a bit of a crap deal to me, just buy a boss distortion pedal and keep the digitech pedal board the ds-1isnt very expensive either.
like i said i dont need the multieffects because i am rhythm guitarist in our band. And the distortion on thier sucks. So i dont know what to do.
sell your pedal to the guy. go buy some distortion pedal or something.
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Don't trade it; the DS1 can be bought for very small money and it's a crap pedal to start with. Don't buy a metal zone either.

What amp do you use and what sound do you want? There are lots of different pedals for different sounds.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
D'oh that's a really tough one. AC/DC's tone is nearly clean. Most of their distortion comes from the power tubes.

To simulate that sound on your amp on a budget I would recommend the Marshall Jackhammer which is dirt cheap. Use very mild gain, lots of treble and mids and low bass. And turn it up!
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C