I'd put this in the lyrics thread but idk if I can because it's kind of off topic.
Anyways, one of my best friends just died. Suicide.
And I started writing a song but I don't really like it.
So what I'm trying to say is,
Does anyone know any good songs (preferably acoustic, if not I can make it acoustic) about losing a friend, or saying goodbye, or anything of that sort?
I might be playing at her funeral.. so any help is greatly appreciated.

And please don't say anything rude or mean, I'm having a really hard time right now.

Thanks
RIP Kayla. I love you.
You were the best friend anyone could ask for, and you will always be in our hearts.

"Every night I miss you I can just look up and know the stars are holding you,
holding you, holding you,tonight.
You can play Tears In Heaven, it seems very suitable to me, Also Wish You Were Here would be good.

Aside from that i currently got no other ideas.

Sorry about your friend
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Hey dude, sorry to hear bout your friend.

It's not acoustic, but '10 years today' by bullet for my valentine, the lyrics are on that line, although he's singing it about it 10 years later, but it's a starting point.

Oh, and a definite for the lyrics (though you will obviously have to sing it clean is killswitch engage's 'Rose of Sharyn' which i believe is also about a departed friend).

May not be your type of music, but atleast the lyrics may give you an idea.

But yea, just try and remember all the good things about her

Hope any of that helps (and i'm sure someone will try and argue with what i've said, someone always does on ultimate guitar, it's like it's a breeding ground for idiots, but i hope this helps)
Oh **** I feel for you. Suicide sucks. Play wish you were here by Floyd or Millin Miles Away by Hanoi Rocks, the intro too that song will make anyone cry.
'radios in heaven' by plain white t`s
'seize the day' avenged sevenfold
and this is a long shot...
'hold on' good charlotte.

hope you feel better.
i`ve been through it.
=]
Days by Kirsty MacColl.

And I don't know what to say. I never do. I've never been through something like that, not with anyone close, so I can't know how you feel. But I try to understand.
Hey everyone,
thank-you so much.

Nick_porter333- bfmv is one of my favourite bands and I did consider 10 years today, it's my favourite song by them.

And to everyone else, thank you again for your help and sympathy. <3
RIP Kayla. I love you.
You were the best friend anyone could ask for, and you will always be in our hearts.

"Every night I miss you I can just look up and know the stars are holding you,
holding you, holding you,tonight.
Motion Picture Soundtrack by Radiohead

And I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.