yesterday me and my friend went to the guitar store. he doesent play guitar but he listens to plenty of rock/classic and that stuff. anyway were there, and they just brought this jackson kelly, a gibson les paul, and fender telecaster. so he goes "Wow look at that sharp lookin' guitar(the kelly) that for sure what im gonna buy when i start playing man. thats tru classic rock dude, and i bet you the AC/DC guy plays one!"
me and some other people there are rolling on the floor and while he looks at us he shouts out "N00BZ!"
Anyway i explaind it to him later ......but do you have similar expiriences?
its just like the "Dumbest thing a guitarist has ever told you" thread exept its about non-guitarists.....

soooo........go on. tell your story
Went in a guitar shop with my mate, she asked (too loudly) why some guitars had 6 strings and some had 4. Easy enough mistake for someone who knows nothing about guitars to make though.
yeah my friends dumb about guitars he plays the bass and wants to buy a new one. he thinks he can get a good one for only $150 i said try $1000
yea my friend who just started playing bass a cuple weeks ago bought the starter pack from ibanez and the bass is red.
now this is the kind of kid who likes techno and blink 182 punk. spiky hair the works.
so goes up to me and asks hey do they sell colored guitar strings, u kno to match with the guitar?
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
yea my friend who just started playing bass a cuple weeks ago bought the starter pack from ibanez and the bass is red.
now this is the kind of kid who likes techno and blink 182 punk. spiky hair the works.
so goes up to me and asks hey do they sell colored guitar strings, u kno to match with the guitar?

acctually ive seen an add on a guitar magazin that sells colourd strings.
I don't talk to guys about guitars who don't play guitars or basses. I find it better to keep myself in conversation with guys who I know I can talk to about that stuff.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Went in a guitar shop with my mate, she asked (too loudly) why some guitars had 6 strings and some had 4. Easy enough mistake for someone who knows nothing about guitars to make though.

What's wrong with that? Don't most beginners think that?
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH

^that. haha. ive seen coloured strings
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
well the point about the colored strings is so he can match hes kinda metrosexual like that
well i guess that isnt a "dumb guitar" thing. just a "metro sexual" thing eh?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
This one time I opened this thread full of self-righteous pricks who made fun of people for not knowing as much about guitar as them, and they all had tiny little penises! I think it was called 'Dumb Friends Anyone?'. I'd never seen so many clueless twats in my life, it was hilarious!
Quote by doomnight
What's wrong with that? Don't most beginners think that?

Yeah, I did say it's an easy enough mistake to make. The shop staff looked down their noses at us though. Bloody elitists.
Aidy Damage...haha alright fair enough. im not calling the "Friends" on here retards, hell most of us thought the same sometime ago eh?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

wots wrong with knowing nothing about something u hav no interest in?

i dont talk 2 my mates about guitars who dont play guitar.
+ =
Quote by RockThe40oz
Lol like this one time, my friend didn't know as much about guitar as I do so I laughed in his face and called him a retard

hahaha, that was the exact same thing I came into this thread to say. I salute you, sir

well, actually, I was going to say how my friend didn't know the difference between a normal set of pickups and a million-coiled super BetterThanYou brand guitar spec asshole pickups so I laughed at him and punched him. In the face.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Imagine the awesomeness of completely black strings. Just imagine.
well i was the victim in this one, so this guy, who's probably 30 comes up to me in the guitar store, and goes: check this 8 string guitar out. so i go over, he seemed friendly (either that or a molester) and start playing, i don't look at the frets when i play, so i'm playing something, over the mountain, if i recall, but it's hard as hell, i figure i'm just not warmed up and continue, but it just sounds like shit, and the solo was the sloppiest thing i've ever played. the guy just start's laughing his ass off, and i look down, and it's an 8 string bass .
me = pwnt
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH

DR makes them.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DR-Strings-Red-Devil-Electric-Guitar-Strings-Heavy?sku=105258
Go get your shovel.
Quote by RockThe40oz
Lol like this one time, my friend didn't know as much about guitar as I do so I laughed in his face and called him a retard

+1
this thread fucking reaks of snobs.
actually one of my friends seriously said to me onve "remember when slash used to wear a bucket on his head and called him self buckethead" which i thought was pretty dumb

also the same friend said zz top were his favourite band and there best song was grime me all your lovin'. wtf
Oh ye think ye have it bad...I once punched my friend 'cos she asked how drums and bass were different. She was deadly serious. I SHIT YOU NOT! HOW CAN A PERSON GENUINELY ASK THAT QUESTION!? HOW!?!?!?!?!?!?

...we don't talk anymore... :P
Quote by MuzzleMouth?
Oh ye think ye have it bad...I once punched my friend 'cos she asked how drums and bass were different. She was deadly serious. I SHIT YOU NOT! HOW CAN A PERSON GENUINELY ASK THAT QUESTION!? HOW!?!?!?!?!?!?

...we don't talk anymore... :P

That's absolutley retarded if you stopped being friends with someone just because they asked a question out of ignorance.
Go get your shovel.
Lulz, that wasn't why. She has more money than me, went to boarding school, and became convinced she was better than me. THAT'S why we don't talk anymore!!! I'm not a complete ****tard ya know...!
I didn't how to fret a note on the guitar until my grandma let me play her acoustic. I believe that was in the summer of '04.