Page 1 of 2
read title(always wanted to say that....)

for me it will have to be the beginning of For The Love Of God by Steve Vai.(its not acctually the begginning as part of the intro solo kinda in the end before the background music starts).

your opinion?
Van Halen-Eruption since it started it all.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'

Beat to it.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
I like the tapping job on that one Ozzy song...umm...I think it is Flying High Again or something like that.
Liberation is the snake! Worms no longer moan.
part of a solo that i made up.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Satch Boogie.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
If guitar solos count as songs, I would have to say that Eruption is weak compared to EVH's live 316 solo off the Right Here Right Now 2 disc set.

I think that Spanish Fly is pretty sweet to.

And Randy Rhoads is also a great tapper too. Just because he's dead doesn't mean he's not great. Doesn't he deserve the same respect that Hendrix and Dimebag and many others deserve?

EDIT: Oh, and Eddie didn't invent the two-handed tap, as many agree. He just popularized it.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by Stop Messin'

Rory Gallagher used a tap on the song "Moonchild" which was re-leased before Eruption and Gallagher didnt invent tapping so it was before that.

And Midnight or Day at the beach by satch, eruptions good but over-used and hot for teacher is ace.
Quote by E V H 5150
If guitar solos count as songs, I would have to say that Eruption is weak compared to EVH's live 316 solo off the Right Here Right Now 2 disc set.

I think that Spanish Fly is pretty sweet to.

And Randy Rhoads is also a great tapper too. Just because he's dead doesn't mean he's not great. Doesn't he deserve the same respect that Hendrix and Dimebag and many others deserve?

EDIT: Oh, and Eddie didn't invent the two-handed tap, as many agree. He just popularized it.

Who DID start tapping first? Or is it actually some old technique that the devil himself came up with? I don't mean to sound sarcastic, I am just curious as to who it was.
Liberation is the snake! Worms no longer moan.
Quote by LiberatorSnake
Who DID start tapping first? Or is it actually some old technique that the devil himself came up with? I don't mean to sound sarcastic, I am just curious as to who it was.

EVH got his idea of tapping from a short tap lick that page used on heartbreaker. but it was done before by some blues artist if i remember right.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
That part of the solo in One. But then again I just bum Metallica, so....

I'm betting tapping has been around since the days when mandolins were around Some medieval shred minstrel

Or, like EVERYTHING else, the Chinese had already done it by like 250 BC...
Quote by voxdude26
EVH got his idea of tapping from a short tap lick that page used on heartbreaker. but it was done before by some blues artist if i remember right.

as you can read above that blues artist was rory g. ^^ love the man lol
page didnt actually do tapping on heartbraker, he just plays incredibly fast with awesome reach so that this guy Eddie hear sees it and thinks 'hm i can use that tap thingy and then really fast to play that without having my fingers hurt' and he did and There Was Eruption. ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Who gives a flying **** who invented tapping? How many guitarists were doing it before Eddie Van Halen? What like 2-3 tops? How many after EVH? Millions. I don't give a shit if EVH invented it or not. Bottom line is he brought it into the rock picture and inspired millions of guitarists to do it.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Sevens - Guthrie Govan
Lips Tulips - Dave Martone
Sea Of Lies - Symphony X

I actually really like the stuff in My Apocolypse by Escape The Fate to, even though they are a queer band.
Crazy Train solo ftw. Randy Rhoads is amazing..That has to be the most emotional tapping I've ever heard. Oh, and Eruption is good too, obviously.
Quote by Stop Messin'
Who gives a flying **** who invented tapping? How many guitarists were doing it before Eddie Van Halen? What like 2-3 tops? How many after EVH? Millions. I don't give a shit if EVH invented it or not. Bottom line is he brought it into the rock picture and inspired millions of guitarists to do it.

Actually a good few were doing it before Van halen and it was a documented technique, just it was Van halen who made the 'tap-hammer on' trend.
Surfing With The Alien is quite cool to listen too. He goes from very melodic to just a stupidly fast tapping part. Nice!!!

BUT, my favorite tapping part in a song will forever be Opeth The Grand Conjuration. I cant get over how well that solo starts out with the tapping. It also made me start tapping on lower strings than just E and B.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
The tapping part in hell bent for leather just seems to fit the song perfectly.

As someone else stated, sea of lies pwns as well.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by Stop Messin'

Jazz guitarists tapped long before EVH got his idea off of Heartbreaker.

My favorite tapping has to be from In Flames - The Hive and the Power Rangers theme song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5viKEp4nqHg

Reb Beach - Tapping Song (all tapping pretty much) but in a very tasteful way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZHVkJ1wVFM

Winger - Seventeen (the solo)

And yeah.. tapping started with Jazz guitar. They needed that extra reach and range to keep up with the trumpets and sax players sometimes.
Ah, someone beat me to The Grand Conjuration. I'm not normally a huge tapping fan, because it tends to be overly repetitive, but I feel it fits in well in that song.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Its soo simple but... One by 'Tallica

The first tapping i learned when i was starting out
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
I may be biased, but I love the tapping on the second solo of Hallowed Be Thy Name (Adrians solo).
satch boogie
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Page 1 of 2