I have a cheap tuner, and is just wondering out of curiosity (probably not going to do this, and don't have the chance right now -also a reason for my asking), since it has an input and an output, can i use through my amp, without it altering my tone?
Shouldn't make much difference, but it will run down the batteries of your tuner quickly (I think).
yeah that's what I thought.

Nice to know I can just leave it in, It's such a pain in the a s s to have to plug my guitar from my amp, and then back again hen I'm done
Quote by player o slayer
it wont do anything

Wrong.
Shouldn't make much difference, but it will run down the batteries of your tuner quickly (I think).

Wrong and right.

It will suck your tone, even moreso than a pedal tuner. Your best bet is getting an A/B box and then rigging that up with your tuner. Check this link for more info.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
^^^I don't think that's nessary
Just get a chromatic tuner, and tune up before you play. No need to have 6 dozen pedals to tune the guitar. If youre going to spend that much just buy grover tuners and not worry about it for a month like I do.
Quote by Schecter1277
^^^I don't think that's nessary
Just get a chromatic tuner, and tune up before you play. No need to have 6 dozen pedals to tune the guitar. If youre going to spend that much just buy grover tuners and not worry about it for a month like I do.

Due to the temperature and other factors onstage, your tuning doesn't hold as well as it does at home. At home I can for for a month without tuning if I do a really good job stringing (I use sperzel tuners) though during gigs I have to retune twice usually.

Also, 72=/=2. An A/B box is significantly cheaper than locking tuners. So if you don't know what you're talking about, don't post (its in the rules).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure