View poll results: Best amp choice?
Orange Rocker 30 1x12 Combo
20 59%
Vox AC30 1x12 Combo
11 32%
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 1x12 Combo
3 9%
Voters: 34.
I've narrowed it down to these three tube combos, so which is the best amp for modern rock and why? I like a nice sparkly clean channel, but I like a distortion channel taht can get heavy and crunchy ( i have a ds-1 if it helps a partciular amp). Please post a reason why you chose that particular amp -- that would be really appreciated if you could take the time to do so.
if the Vox is the clear winner, is it worth paying an extra £100 to get the 2x12 version?

Thank you.
Last edited by the_guy at Mar 24, 2007,
orange amps have a generally nice clean tone... but according to jinskee they are awesome for distortion...a darker voice

fender will have the best cleans but will have weak distortion

ac also has a nice crunchy sound, and a nice clean sound... it will sound brighter than the orange...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
^ you like sublime and orange...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
^ thanks alot m8 for the suggestion i appreciate it but i would prefer buying a tube amp thats new rather than used. thanks anyway correct me if buying used is a sensible idea.
of the 3, cosidering you want a great clean and distortion go for the orange, its great for both, the fenders clean is fantastic but the distortion is possibly not even 'meh' worthy, and the cleans on the ac30 again great, though iv never had the chance to overdrive an ac30 enough, though to me its a very low gain amp, though an ac30 with a big muff sounds awesome.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

lol cheers hairball yeh im more convinced by the orange, i respect the fender and the vox but they sound a bit classic rock orientated. all my fave artists use the vox though, so can you get harder tones out of it or is it just worth going with the orange?
and ive found a 2 speaker vox for 569 pounds. is the 2 speaker version much better than the standard?
They're all very different, play the hell out of them all and then decide. We can't really choose for you...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I prefered the voxs cleans, the oranges cleans are very much clean and aren't really coloured by anything in the amp. But the OD on the orange is pure sex. Just depends on what you think is best for you.
*just stops by*

*looks around*

*feels content*

*leaves*
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Orange ftw
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.