so we had to make these birthday cards for a 7 year old (turning 8) who has cancer, and is not expected to live past 10. his last wish was to have the world record for most birthday cards. i personally think it`s stupid, nonetheless i filled out a card. my friend stapled a toonie to his x]. don`t even ask how that`s possible. any thoughts? similar experiences?
this is THE best wish ever.

Think about it, he's bound to get it fulfilled, will make tons of people participate and will also have him immortalized in the book of world records.

I think it's a very very wise wish.
thats unlucky, at that age. and give him a break, hes only the same age as half of ug.
smart wish...
even though he won`t be alive to celebrate it (not trying to be mean)
if i were going for a world record, i`d want it to be one i could be alive for.
though i guess it`s not his choice.
Quote by stellar_legs
That's the worst last wish I ever heard.

Dude show some respect. Thats really sad
Quote by yam
thats unlucky, at that age. and give him a break, hes only the same age as half of ug.

because half of UG is eight...
F.U.B.A.R.
Quote by str84ever
Dude show some respect. Thats really sad

It is really sad. And that wish is much better than the kind where kids wish for a computer or something because most of the time their parents pressure them into that kind of wish.

But that really is a lame wish...
Quote by MetalHead73

I think he meant that 8 is half of the age the most UGers are...
Quote by blynd_snyper
is there any way we here on UG can make birthday cards for him? as in, scan them in or something?

i don`t know.
the kids birthday already passed i believe,
but i just think it`s kinda werid.
he only cares about breaking the record,
whereas 35,000 people are breaking their back making beautiful cards for him that he`ll never care to read.
What an odd wish. I don't know what I'd wish for.

I had an uncle that died of cancer, and his wish was to ride in a hot air balloon, but he couldn't because of the damn weather. Kind of sad...
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
It is really sad. And that wish is much better than the kind where kids wish for a computer or something because most of the time their parents pressure them into that kind of wish.

But that really is a lame wish...
I think he meant that 8 is half of the age the most UGers are...

Its sad because kids all over the world are wishing for new bikes, computers. expensive stuff. and all this kid wants is a birthday card.

Makes me sad
Pwned for having a stupid wish.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by MetalHead73

lol have you not seen half of the posts?
Quote by str84ever
Its sad because kids all over the world are wishing for new bikes, computers. expensive stuff. and all this kid wants is a birthday card.

Makes me sad

The cutest wishes are the really sad innocent ones (usually from younger kids). One girl on my mom's unit (she works at a hospital) said she wanted to meet Lilo and Stitch (the disney characters).
That must suck...
He should make a better wish, like meeting his idol. Or having the time of his life.
Sent from my iPad.
I had to do the exact same thing. But my friend was a complete and total dick and wrote Happy Death Day on his.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I had to do the exact same thing. But my friend was a complete and total dick and wrote Happy Death Day on his.
Kick his ass for me. Please.

I think it`s an alright wish to have. I know I`d wish for something infinitely stupider if I was in his position.

Poor little guy.
It's a strange wish, but I understand that he would want to break a record.

If he wants to make it, there should be more publicity. I've only just found out about him now.

Respect to him, anyway. It's quite a touching story
I think id make sure everyone sent me at least a dollar in the card lol.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
What's to tell us that he wasn't a snot nosed little shit before he got cancer? Not to sound rude, but you're all making it sound like he's a little angel because he got cancer.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I dont know about you guys, but my last wish would be to be cured of cancer.

"What do you mean you cant!? You said i could have anything! Alright ill settle for throwing a baby of a cliff..."
Quote by Will_Minus
What's to tell us that he wasn't a snot nosed little shit before he got cancer? Not to sound rude, but you're all making it sound like he's a little angel because he got cancer.

That's interesting...I hadn't actually thought of that, but at the age of 8, I can only assume that he was born with something. As wierd as 8 year olds are these days, they don't smoke 4 packs a day.
I'd always hate being the doctor or parents in these situations. Having to tell someone they only have this amount of time to live and being the parent to have to hear that said. I know I'd be in total denial. I don't think I could even make a last request just because to me that'd feel like I was giving in already.

It's an odd wish, but think about it. He's got cancer and of course the threadstarter hasn't stated what kind or if he's in chemo. So if you're on the hospital bed almost all the time, what else can you really do.
If I was gonna die of cancer I would probably wish for :
A. Tons of alcohol
B. As many hot women in my hospital room at one time (if I wasnt married, well then again....)
C. I dunno...a DJ?
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by Partyboy2k05
I'd always hate being the doctor or parents in these situations. Having to tell someone they only have this amount of time to live and being the parent to have to hear that said. I know I'd be in total denial. I don't think I could even make a last request just because to me that'd feel like I was giving in already.

It's an odd wish, but think about it. He's got cancer and of course the threadstarter hasn't stated what kind or if he's in chemo. So if you're on the hospital bed almost all the time, what else can you really do.

ask for a guitar instead of cards, and learn some ozzy!
that should take him awhile.
i feel terrible. make him like 20 cards.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Quote by Hpda5121
If I was gonna die of cancer I would probably wish for :
A. Tons of alcohol
B. As many hot women in my hospital room at one time (if I wasnt married, well then again....)
C. I dunno...a DJ?

But obviously at whatever age you are now. But think of what you would have wished for when you were 8.
some kid in our school got suspended for drawing him a card with a picture of satan on it and he wrote "happy hospitalization from hell, we`ll be seeing you soon"
there`s funny, and then there`s too far.
Quote by Partyboy2k05
But obviously at whatever age you are now. But think of what you would have wished for when you were 8.

Ahhh...very good point.

In that case, probably a truck load of candy and unlimited tv time.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Why is it so stupid? He's getting positive reinforcement, and breaking a world record.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Quote by xdeline!

whereas 35,000 people are breaking their back making beautiful cards for him that he`ll never care to read.

Trust me, making a birthday card is not that strenuous...

Poor fella, I feel really sorry for him. Cancer is terrible, and at age 8?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Wouldn't it be funny if some completely healthy 25 year old ended up beating him?
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...