Last.fm is a database that tracks what music you are listening to and makes like a portfolio of it. It's actually really helpful, 'cause it helps recommend bands that are similar to the ones you like and things like that. You sign up under a username and you can browse around and see what all your friends and other people are listening to.

It's a great tool for finding new music... I recommend signing up.
I got one.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--

This should really go in the pit.

But I might as well answer it.

It's a website where you download a program/plug-in/something and whenever you listen to music on your computer (and now, ipod), it sends the info to last.fm and charts it. On your page, you can see what song/album/artist you listened to most in the past week/ever/etc.
From here last.fm gives you recommendations based on your listening habits.
And you can also preview most artists, etc.

You can also comment and make journals and a bunch of other crap.
But that's just because most websites nowadays are trying to model after myspace in any way to get more users .

Complete info at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last.fm

Quote by dougiecrystals

It's a website where you download a program/plug-in/something and whenever you listen to music on your computer (and now, ipod),

How do you get it to work for your ipod, anyone?
Quote by bluemoon05
How do you get it to work for your ipod, anyone?

probably involves ipod linux of some sort, since you can't run applications from the ipod.

i always find last.fm is good, it shows just what you listen to.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
sounds like an audioscrobbler copycat (actually i dunno which came first i think it was scrobbler )