Im looking to get my first digital recorder, and for the money it seems this one is the best. Its gotten alot of good reviews on Musicians friend and seems fairly easy to work with. Anyone here used this?
ive got an older model of it. really easy to use, had it about 5 years, never a problem.

what are u using it for? there are mini recorders now, computer programs all sorts of ways to record.
just making sure u're not buying more than u need.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Im just looking for a good recorder. Im new to it, but would like to record some different tracks, eventually record some drums. Maybe record a full band setup. im not looking to make demos, but somthing to play around with for fun. This one doesnt seem too bad for the price.
IM also wondering, for this type of unit, would I need to get monitor speakers as well, or could I just use my computer speakers
u can do all sorts of things with this type of recorder.

u can record one instrument at a time or with a small mixer many mics at once.
bounce from track to track, out to a computer, out to a cd-r.
off a tv, out from a headphone or aux cd player, or from an mp3.
u can line it out or play out thru its headphone jack to a computer to play, to a sterao aux rca jacks to play.

out thru the recorder and drum trax with it's built in fx, out to a computer thru ur computers speakers. practice along with its metronome, tune up ur guitar wt it. make ur guitar sound like a bass. make ur electric simulate an acoustic.
you can mic vocals into it. use onboard vocal effects.
you can use the built in mic when composing a song on the fly.

add a memory card for more hours of stored space. add a 1 spot adapter/daisy chain set $30 (instead of the $24 Boss plug) and u can power this and up to 5 other devices at once.

pick up a couple of RCA red and white plugs for inputs and outputs, a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter $2, for input into the back of a computer line ine and ur all set.

keep in mind, this is great for taking with u. but there are free recording programs like AUDACITY. if ur computer is ok, u can record and bounce tracks almost as easily.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Looks like its a nice piece of gear. I have a Boss GT6, So I wont really need the effects. But should I look into getting montitor speakers for it, so should it work good with how it comes?
depends. when u listen to playback of a recorder thru headphones, it will sound Very different as compared to the true sound. monitors will represent the sound better.

But, u can save urself alot of money, by just lining it out to a computer, and play it thru those speakers, stereo speakers, or most amps with some sort of input.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62