Poll: Which one is better to play stuff like megadeth, maiden, priest, metallica
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one is better to play stuff like megadeth, maiden, priest, metallica
Ibanez JS1200
11 13%
Jackson SL1
70 85%
Peavey Hp Special CT USA
1 1%
Voters: 82.
which one would you say would be better to play stuff like megadeth, maiden, priest, metallica, motorhead...
Haha huzzah for jackson.. i love em.. ive got a crappy 1 .. a good 1.. and next.. a flying V . sry about lack of detail for the names of the guitars i just dun care enough

cheers

they do sound great for playing metal
youll never guess.

Jackson.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
anyone knows where i can go to try the jackson SL1, i've looked everywhere and can't find it
Quality Wise

1)Peavey CT
2)Ibanez JS
3)Jackson Soloist

Metal suitability

1)Jackson
2)JS
3)Peavey

The Peavey would sound horrible for metal.
It would fit hard rock nicely though.
It has a really fat, juicy tone.
The Jackson just... urgh, blah.
But hey, to each it's own, I guess.
where can i get a list with the places where they sale the jackson SL1???
Sl1 is easly the best for metal imo.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by And2001PT
Quality Wise

1)Peavey CT
2)Ibanez JS
3)Jackson Soloist

Metal suitability

1)Jackson
2)JS
3)Peavey

The Peavey would sound horrible for metal.
It would fit hard rock nicely though.
It has a really fat, juicy tone.
The Jackson just... urgh, blah.
But hey, to each it's own, I guess.

Jackson the lowest quality? "urgh, blah"? i cant believe im hearing this, you do realize that the SL1 is USA select right? i know you say to each his own and i agree but the SL1 is one of the finest guitars you can get without going custom or something
I never said it was a bad guitar.
I just said 'urgh blah' because everything Jackson stands for goes against my tastes.
And IMHO, those other two guitars ARE better than the Jackson, but it would suit him better.
I'd probably get the Ibanez. Both Jacksons and Ibanez are great metal guitars, but I'e just always prefered Ibanez.
I would say the Ibanez is just all-around better on paper, but that's because I don't think neck single coils are a good idea for metal (Maiden are one exception). And in any case, the JS has coil taps, and a high-bypass filter of some form, so I would pick it.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
The Jackson will you give you the playability, but your amp will give you the sound. Get a nasty amp before you shell out for an amazing guitar.
Jackson Rhoads V: The Hippie-Slayer