alright i've had my Peavey ValveKing 112 for about 4 months, and i have never had a problem. now i have always had it in my room, where the sound reverberates, so i have had the volume only on about 1, and found that that was plenty loud. now i have it at my bands drummer's house, and when we are playing, he cant hear it over his drums, so naturally he tells me to turn it up. now i turn it up to about 4, and although i think it is very loud indeed, he still cannot hear it.

but here is my problem...

once i turn the volume up past a certain point, usually around the 4 mark, my amp will make this really high pitched "yelping" sound. it isnt my guitar, cuz it'll do it when i unplug my guitar from the cable. but sometimes it will cease if i sit directly in the middle of my amp. and i have noticed that it startes if i push the cable into the input jack(s). i have thusly reasoned that it only makes the noise past a certain volume level, when there is some vibration, rumbling, or jostling, of any sort on or around my amp. this is even worse when my bassists amp is right across from mine. so why does my amp screech so? is this a simple problem that i can fix easily, or is it something that would require repairing and money that i DO NOT have?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
it isnt my guitar, cuz it'll do it when i unplug my guitar from the cable. QUOTE]
Do you also unplug the cable from the amp at this point?
Not suggesting you're a n00b but could it be feedback?(this only applies if the answer to my first question was no)
lol, no its not feedback. what i am saying is that it will do it if there is nothing at all plugged into the amp. i was just saving myself from being hassled about the possibility that it is my guitar...
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Fair enough, just wasn't sure if you meant you'd unplugged cable from guitar and amp or just guitar lol