i went to guitar center and tried a marshall JCM 2000 full stack, i also tried mesa/boogies, vox, and others...and i thought the marshall was the best...but everyone here says that marshall is not that good, so can someone recommend me other amps that i can try that you think would do better than marshall JCM 2000 to play blues (srv, hendrix, allman brothers), rock (led zeppelin, rainbow, deep purple) and metal (ozzy, maiden, priest, megadeth, metallica)
If you liked it that much, buy it (no need for a full stack though)
But if you're playing all that stuff, get a JCM800 or a JMP or a Plexi reissue or copy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
If you liked it that much, buy it (no need for a full stack though)
But if you're playing all that stuff, get a JCM800 or a JMP or a Plexi reissue or copy.

i want to buy a full stack so i can keep one cabinet at my house and one at my friend's house, where my band practices
anyway, do you have a budget and I guess you live in america?
Orange Enthousiast.
Laneys, Traynors and Riveras are worth a look.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by gsoldi123
but everyone here says that marshall is not that good

they MiGht be talking about the solid state amps
Quote by TTC
anyway, do you have a budget and I guess you live in america?

yea, i have the budget (to make the story short...had a really easy to treat cancer, got cured, now i can make a wish), yea, i live in US
hmm...

in that case you could look into some boutique amps...

Herbert - VH4
Bogner - Extacy
Engl - Screamer/Thunder
Laney GH50L/GH100L, TT50
Mesa Boogie - Mark IV
Peavey - JSX

just try these out if you can...

^
if you go boutique,
you shouldn't go for the screamer/thunder but for the ENGL SE/Savage/Blackmore models.
or a Soldano.
Orange Enthousiast.
Quote by TTC
^
if you go boutique,
you shouldn't go for the screamer/thunder but for the ENGL SE/Savage/Blackmore models.
or a Soldano.

but the problem is that i don't have where to try them, none of the stores around detroit have them
Quote by TTC
^
if you go boutique,
or a Soldano.

didn't SRV played Soldano?? do u think it can do metal too??
Quote by gsoldi123

yeah, later on in his career. dunno how good it'll do metal, but im guessing it'll do alright.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
what marshall u would guys recommend?
Last edited by gsoldi123 at Mar 24, 2007,
I have a JCM2000 DSL100. It outclasses many of the other tube amps by far. In my opinion, it's a bit warmer and not over the top sounding than most of the copies. It's a great amp, and when people say Marshalls aren't good, they mean the crappy MG solid state amps.
Quote by KingDavid101
I have a JCM2000 DSL100. It outclasses many of the other tube amps by far. In my opinion, it's a bit warmer and not over the top sounding than most of the copies. It's a great amp, and when people say Marshalls aren't good, they mean the crappy MG solid state amps.

have u tried a Marshall 1987XL...judging from the ratings, it is better than the JCM2000 but i haven't tried that one
Quote by gsoldi123

"Stevie ray didn't like that his amps could only achieve the tone and feel he wanted at extreme volumes" - Guitar World February '07

The Soldano Super Lead Overdrive 100 amp gets the most tone out of the preamp stage, in contrast to his other amps like the fender vibrolux that gets the most tone out of the Poweramp stage.

yea. thats why he went for high gain amps but played it at a lower volume or sumtin.
theres a page of reading on Guitar World Feb. '07 for this.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by gsoldi123
have u tried a Marshall 1987XL...judging from the ratings, it is better than the JCM2000 but i haven't tried that one

Oh of course. I played one at the Hollywood guitar center a couple of years ago. It's really good, but the tone is different than the JCM2000. You can get a SUPER similar tone to the 1987 XL with the JCM2000 DSL on the classic channel.

But you need to crank the 1987XL REALLY loud to get a good tone, plus it has almost no gain. So, you need a full 100% gain and level OD pedal. Then, to get the hum out, you need a noise supressor.
Dunno, I don't like the soundclips I've heard on the genz benz site , but that's just me.
Versatility is the key word here , because when you like metal, you'll always want to have more gain ( especially when you start liking death metal ).
So I really suggest a Engl SE .
Orange Enthousiast.