Page 1 of 2
Hmm, yes, GAS, a terrible thing, so is guitar aqcuisition syndrome...

DILEMMA!

I have a Vox Clyde McCoy reissue, it's good, but it's not the perfect wah for me, I'm after perfection.
I'm severley gassing for a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe (I've found it for £209, cheap for the UK, shut up you damn yanks....I know you can get it cheaper)

What do you all reckon? I have the money for the Clyde Deluxe, but I don't necesarily need it, well I do, but I don't aswell, if you get what I mean. What? You don't? you must be new to all this then...
The main point is, I WANT the Clyde Deluxe, BUT! Would the 209 justify it?

Thankyou your wonderful UG-ness for helping me enlighten my choice in advance.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i would get it, there so nice, i finally got to try one after looking at it for so long, the quality definetelly justifies the pricetag.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Well if you don't need it, whats the point of wasting money on it?
On the other hand, the price is decent for it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
can't you somehow order it over here in the US?

and get it for cheaper?
i dont think the shipping would cost 150 bucks (not too sure about the conversion rate)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
hmm...

if you really want it and "will be" satisfied more than what you already have then
I'd say go... because if you keep stopping your urge for just that one item, it'll
get stronger and stronger and "might" come back if you don't buy it...

but it's still your decision R_H_C_P...

Can't you sell the Vox one? Then give in to the GAS!
It's such a pity that Englishness, tax and GAS don't mix. There's so much I want to buy, can afford to buy, but I know I cant justify it.
GB&C Pedal Builders and Mod Squadron
vBulletin Message

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list.

Bugger
Quote by igotabcrich32
i would get it, there so nice, i finally got to try one after looking at it for so long, the quality definetelly justifies the pricetag.

I want to know ALL the details!

And I want it, I use wah so much that if it was that good, it'd definately justify its price.

And I can't be bothered shipping one from the USA, it'd all probably work out the same price anyway.
Don't be afraid to care"

well the clyde deluxe is 289 bucks over here which would equal about 150 pounds

you really think shipping would be 59 pounds or 116 bucks?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

do you use a wah a lot, and you've tried the Clyde and it was boner inducing for the sound you want? If yes to both, hells yeah it's worth it. Don't be afraid to buy the best, because you'll never be sorry you got it. That is of course, assuming the Clyde is your ultimate wah.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
That's the thing, I have NO WHERE to try the Clyde Deluxe, I'm just going off sound clips, videos, reviews, opinions etc. It's definately my perfect wah, from what I know of so far, but there's no where to try it at, damn them! Damn them all!
Don't be afraid to care"

haha, yeah, same boat. I'm severely gassin for a new guitar atm, and there is no place within a 3 hour drive to check out the models I'm interested in.

If you're confident you can resell it without losing a crazy amount, I say go for it. I've only heard good things about that wah.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by R_H_C_P
That's the thing, I have NO WHERE to try the Clyde Deluxe, I'm just going off sound clips, videos, reviews, opinions etc. It's definately my perfect wah, from what I know of so far, but there's no where to try it at, damn them! Damn them all!

well if you feel that its your perfect wah, get it. if you hate it, then sell it or send it back. or sell me your Vox and Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz, then spend the money on the Fulltone
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
^True, I could always send it back.

IF I do buy it.... sell the Vox first, or get the Clyde and worry bout sellin' the Vox later...
Don't be afraid to care"

i'd buy it first without selling the vox
because if you don't like it (that .05% chance... ) you still have the vox wah

if you DO like it, you can always sell the vox to get some money back

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by R_H_C_P
^True, I could always send it back.

IF I do buy it.... sell the Vox first, or get the Clyde and worry bout sellin' the Vox later...

well you could save up for it, because then if you dont like it, you still have the Vox.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
^Right on.
If the gas gets me even more intense, I'll buy, and hopefully never look back!

Oh yea, on several occasions, I've actually dreamed I was playing this wah.
Don't be afraid to care"

that fulltone sounds damn good. if i were you i'd just buy it. and sell me the vox cos im after one.
Ooo, how much would you offer? (If I am to sell, gimme' a week or 2)
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P

Doesn't that go COMPLETELY against your logic?

Anyway, I'm sure the Fulltone is better than the Vox one. Which one are you planning on getting? The Clyde Deluxe or the regular one?

I found a soundclip if you're interested. http://www.fulltone.com/audio/clydedemo.mp3
Sent from my iPad.
well i could get a brand new one tomorrow for £119 before haggling so i rek about £100 brand new. if yours is in top class condition and not old id be interested and would give you a good offer. i get paid next week and im not desperate for one but i want one. same as you but for diff pedals.
^Tell me all about it Mr_Hankey!

And yea, it goes against my logic, but if there's no where to try it, what can I do?

Mine's well used, for a good reason, 'coz it's a good wah. It's not broken at all, still plays great, but not brand new condition. However, I slightly cut the rubber stops to give it more sweep, worked well!
Don't be afraid to care"

Simply put...

It's quality, go get it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by paintITblack39
Doesn't that go COMPLETELY against your logic?

Anyway, I'm sure the Fulltone is better than the Vox one. Which one are you planning on getting? The Clyde Deluxe or the regular one?

I found a soundclip if you're interested. http://www.fulltone.com/audio/clydedemo.mp3

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

And man, that thing sounds sick...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
cool. how old is it? most of my gear is 2nd hand and some of it wasnt in the best condition, all sounds good though. for the pedals im looking to buy they need to be fairly new and in good condition. im defo interested though. how much you looking for?
You know what guys, I think I will...

After that clip paintITblack39 posted, that's EXACTLY what I'm looking for, it's perfection.

The site I'm getting it off is Andertons music.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by deanodon
cool. how old is it? most of my gear is 2nd hand and some of it wasnt in the best condition, all sounds good though. for the pedals im looking to buy they need to be fairly new and in good condition. im defo interested though. how much you looking for?

It's no more than a year old, I've still got the receipt upstairs, I'll find the exact date tomorrow.

One thing is that it may squeak a bit when you're moving the....foot bit(I think it needs oiling), not much of a big deal anyway, hardly ever does it.
I'm looking for about £80.
Don't be afraid to care"

You can buy my dimebag wah .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^You can buy my shut-the-hell-up-and-stop-stealing-my-sale.
Don't be afraid to care"

lol. i dont want a dimebag wah. vox clyde or a v847a but i rek it will cost far too much in the UK. or a behringer auto wah of course
I think you just want the Fulltone because of the wicked cool enclosure.... can't blame you for that, it's the classiest wah shell I've ever seen.

But, for considerably less $ you can get a drop in kit from area51. They're excellent kits (from what I've been told) and would probably sound the same, if not better, than the Fulltone. You just take out your old wah guts, hook up the new one and you're ready to go.

You seem like you're gonna get the fulltone no matter what... just showing you another, cheaper, option.

http://area51tubeaudiodesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=001&Category_Code=cat002
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Mar 24, 2007,
I'm not too good at modding, I'm gonna learn more about it later on, but I'd prefer just to get my perfect wah and that be the end of it.

And yea, it's a sexy pedal, but I'm getting it for the sound, playability, versitily and anything else I've forgot.
Don't be afraid to care"

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
You gotta do what you gotta do man.

Either way you'll be getting a quality pedal.

Wait a minute.... 209 GBP??? That's like $400 something USD isn't it???

*looks how much it is Canadian* HOLY HELL!!!!

You'd probably be better off getting a nice american friend to buy you one and ship it to you.
Hai UG!
^that's what im suggesting...
but he thinks the shipping would cost 110 USD

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Yeah...

You foreigners are teh getting ownt by currency, lulz.

We get our clydes for only 200 USD.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^the clyde deluxe he's looking at is $289

which still is way cheaper than in GB

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

I've never used it, but it is meant to be that good...I couldn't justify that much for a wah myself (especially as bass is my main instrument) but I don't think it would disappoint you. I know it's the wah Josh Homme uses.

If you're selling your Vox I'd consider it for sure.
That's life.

Anyway, I know shipping isn't that much, but it's too long to wait and risky, and I'd rather buy it from the UK, you can understand that.
Don't be afraid to care"

270!? I could have sworn that my store was selling those for no more than 230.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Page 1 of 2