sounded pretty good, u sing in key
u sound VERY young... how old are u?
Work to live, not live to work.
guitar is flawless....your voice is different but i love it....the vocals are very good...i don;t think you missed a note...keep it up
very very good ! liked your playing and especially your
voice , very relaxin' hehe...
do you know to sing in high tones? maybe me and chris
can use you for some covers (if you want to)

and about your question in the meantime we doin' only covers
but maybe in the future we do some original thing..
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Quote by slash_no_1
very very good ! liked your playing and especially your
voice , very relaxin' hehe...
do you know to sing in high tones? maybe me and chris
can use you for some covers (if you want to)

and about your question in the meantime we doin' only covers
but maybe in the future we do some original thing..

high tones as in harmonizing? yeah i can do that. i would definetely help out with backup vocals sometime if you want.
oh that will be sweet
ok so i will let you know when we'll need your sweet voice
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Jesus Christ, marry me? The timing was a little off in some places, but it was a good cover. I need some recording software.
Brand New almost couldn't perform it any better.
Your voice flows very nicely over the guitar and keeps the original melody as the song.
awesome-os
nice. the layers of harmony pretty much rocked my socks.

the only thing though, and i think someone touched on this above, it sounds like you're not breathing at all. most of the time you're right on key, but sometimes your pitch suffers and I think that you could clear a lot of that up by using some more air support.

good stuff though, the guitar was top notch and the vocals were unique and nifty.
Okay, thanks for the crit on ben and mine's cover......On to yours.

I thought everything sounded pretty good overall. I am personally not really into this song, but you played it quite well. Singing was good too, you have a really unique tone to your voice. It seems like the tempo changed slightly on occasion.....do you play to a click track or metronome? If not, then you should, it will help the rhythm a lot. Overall great job.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
This is a decent job. You pulled off the soft, acoustic folk-like cover well. The vocals aren't really my style, but I can see how it would appeal to other people. The acoustic guitar could use some tightening up in some places. Not bad overall.
Nice playing and nice vocals, I really enjoyed this!

What i would say is that you need to make sure you excercise your voice to improve it even more, but i think this'll come with just singing and doing what you enjoy! I wish I had a voice like yours that's for sure.

Your playing is great, nice and clean with feeling (which you know is very important).

I'd like to hear more from you, great track.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555857 <===crit mine?
Quote by Jarrett Moore + BlinkBlinkBlink
Jarrett Moore; how'd you know i live in canada?
BlinkBlinkBlink; it says location: canada...
Jarrett Moore; oh, ...far out.

http://matthewjago.dmusic.com/ <<Listen to my music here!
Vocals were incredibly annoying to be honest. Overall it was good though.

And who is this song by? I've never heard it.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Jesus Christ that's a pretty voice.

/terrible joke.

In all seriousness, I liked it, Brand New are one of my favourite bands, so it was nice to hear a new take on the song.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

i forgot how good this song was, you performed it pretty good too. it's funny i had media player on loop so when it ended there was a pause and the beginning started playing again but i thought it was the song's ending still you know? anyways, good job.

i haven't written anything original in a while but i do have an animal collective cover, can you check it out? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556861
I didn't think the vocals were annoying, I liked the way they sounded slightly restricted, it was a cool way to sing it. I also liked the effect and harmonising on it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555857
Quote by Jarrett Moore + BlinkBlinkBlink
Jarrett Moore; how'd you know i live in canada?
BlinkBlinkBlink; it says location: canada...
Jarrett Moore; oh, ...far out.

http://matthewjago.dmusic.com/ <<Listen to my music here!
Quote by likeamassacre
Brand New almost couldn't perform it any better.

you should be hit or fined or something for saying that....

but anyways, i like the cover, its good better than most of the covers on here, iyou changed the meldoy of the song a bit which i liked, and i think he says ceiling. but good cover nonthe less
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
nice.
i'd have to agree that the timing was off a tad. not anything that made it worst.
sometimes you slurred the lyrics a little. that might just be how you roll, which is fine.
the harmonies were nice actually, especially in the bridge.
in terms of guitar, it was fine. i think you could do better: i.e. try not to be so distinct with each note the guitar is what you want to slurr together i think it makes it flow better.
it sounded alot slower then the actual song but idk if you were covering it or just doing the same thing that they did just singing with it but the vocals did sound nice.
yeah i agree about the timing. i was actually listening to it in the headphones while i play it but playing the same exact thing for 3 minutes gets a little tedious. especially if you do more than one take. so i got a little lazy timing wise. thanks everyone and if you left a link i will try to return the crits as soon as possible. i'm on vacation right now though so it might take me a day or two.

oh and to fatkidsonmopeds, i've listened to your music before and i completely love it. very catchy.
Last edited by anOnyMouSanIe at Apr 7, 2007,