Quote by giant_toaster
http://arstechnica.com/journals/science.ars/2007/03/23/assesing-the-harm-of-illegal-drugs

This article has a graph showing the harmfulness of various drugs. Discuss!

There is a drug thread for shit like this. I don't know why the pit is being hit with a shit ton of drug threads right now, I suspect it has something to do with this new scaling system.

I don't really agree with it entirely, but it's a step in the right direction.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Holy crap, what a useless graph. Just do your research first kids.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
ecstasy lower than cannabis??wtf?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
DRUG thread maybe?
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by Ferrarone
ecstasy lower than cannabis??wtf?

It probably has something to do with the smoke inhalation, since it's the most common way to put THC into your system. Ecstasy is one of the safest drugs, you just have to keep yourself hyrdated (but not over-hydrated).
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
^And solvents lower than cannabis?
-Taidgh
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Quote by chillininfl
Holy crap, what a useless graph. Just do your research first kids.

Did you read the article?

The work was carried out by a cross-disciplinary group of rather eminent scientists, including Prof. Colin Blakemore, the head of the Medical Research Council (equivalent to the NIH). The study involved surveying two groups; a national group of leading psychiatrists, and a more general group made up of experts from a range of disciplines including forensics, pharmacology, the police and legal services, chemistry, and epidemiology.
Every inside out badger has a silver lining.
Quote by Stagger Lee
^And solvents lower than cannabis?
-Taidgh

That was the only thing I completely disagreed with. Solvents are incredibly dangerous, especially if done wrong.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Definetly one of the more accurate charts but weed is up too high.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by giant_toaster
Did you read the article?

Yuh, I was talking about people trying new drugs.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by goods2006
It probably has something to do with the smoke inhalation, since it's the most common way to put THC into your system. Ecstasy is one of the safest drugs, you just have to keep yourself hyrdated (but not over-hydrated).

The problem with E is the other shit that could be in it.

Pure MDMA is quite safe.
How could weed be more dangerous than Ecstacy.

Weed can't kill you. I know people that have died from E.
Alcohol + Friends Girlfriend + Marijuana = Trainwreck and a broken screen door/closet/tv/couch. Don't do drugs kids, my life is a testament to that.
Quote by garden of grey
It's not my fault that you basically suck at life.

my mom says I'm awsome and that's all that counts.... right?
Quote by farcry
Alcohol + Friends Girlfriend + Marijuana = Trainwreck and a broken screen door/closet/tv/couch. Don't do drugs kids, my life is a testament to that.

thats why you get friends who dont act like 4 year olds when they're drunk + whatever else you're taking
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Heh heh.. quite accurate actually, except for ecstasy.. Thats well more dangerous than other drugs.. You cant urinate on em and water tastes REALLY nice when your buzzin. Scary!! Plus they're addictive..
Originally posted by Caressing Death
Does anyone else find it a little too convienant that Jesus was born on Christmas day?
Cork Capital of Culchies2005
Quote by shav0r
LSD is less dangerous than weed? Bullshit.

LSD doesnt do any damage to your body, at all.

but yeah i still say taht this graph is highly inaccurate and doesnt really show how they calculate "dangerousness".
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Thing that made me laugh was the ketamine thing, yeah, it's unclassed, but only for use as a horse tranquiliser...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
And methamphetamines? where are they?

I was surprised about the steroids,
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"
the result of drugs is people forget that there are a million drug related threads and people keep making new ones :\
or if your into the hard drugs..assrammer is the result.
the readings look good to me , and true i think , exept for the weed , extacy part
Green will be higher than ecstasy due to it's link with psychosis, scizophrenia (sp?), etc.
Though there is no long term research into ecstasy's effect on the brain.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
LSD doesnt do any damage to your body, at all.

but yeah i still say taht this graph is highly inaccurate and doesnt really show how they calculate "dangerousness".

LSD does a lot of damn to your body.

brain and nerve damage is not damage after all then. Thanks for clearing that up for me.