Im looking for a Distortion/Overdrive pedal that can play Heavy metal.

With a Distortion/Overdrive pedal, i have no clue what im looking for. I want a pedal thats affordable(At most $150) but has amazing tone and gives great Distortion. All that im really looking for is a pedal that can play heavy metal and dosen't give much buzz. This pedal also needs to be compatable with a wah pedal (still haven't made up my mind about the wah pedal).

I need a pedal that will make it so i can write my own music that sounds like Pantera's Cowboys From Hell album.
R.I.P. Dimebag - Gone but Never Forgotten

#123 Member of the 'Linkin Park Sucks' Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
Quote by paintITblack39
What's your amp?

Right now, look at the Metal Muff. It's $100.

ive got a line 6 spider II
but im gonna get the Fender Metal Head amp or a randel amp soon

Look into a Metal/Big Muff.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
if you get the fender metal head, i'd be interested to see what you think of it seeing as fender is know for their cleans [not saying they aren't good at dirty, i've hard the hot rod series is pretty kick ass]
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by ERA
^^ metal muff is pretty awesome...

i second that. you can get any kind of a sound out of not, and not only metal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
This metal muff pedal sounds good but does it give off much buzz when ure not playing?