So me and my friend decided we should make a band. And he got his friend to play drums and the drummer all of a sudden started thinking that he makes all the choices. Me and my friend were originally thinking about playing Thrash and Progressive metal. And the drummer said that we are doing covers of Korn and Slipknot and said it to EVERYONE in the school and then said that the only Thrash song that he will do with us is Master of Puppets and that Progressive Metal sucks. I felt really offended by that seeing as I'm a huge fan of Prog and have a thing against nu-metal.

The drummer is a good friend of the lead guitarist (He had the idea of the band). I told them that if he wouldnt shut his trap I would leave and they wouldnt have a bass player (Of which there are about... four in our school). And the drummer wouldnt leave the band because he now thinks that he is the center of attention in it.

So what should I do about this problem?
Last edited by Saintsatan at Mar 24, 2007,
If you hate the band think their not playing good music, or something that interets you, and you think you can get nothing out of it, leave.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Talk to the guitarist, and see what he thinks of the whole situation. If he's on the drummers side, start another band, if he's on your side, kick the drummer
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
don't submit to the drummer
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
get a better band that drummer is a dick, i had a rhythm guitarist like that and i walked out and a week later my lead guitarist walked out now that band plays emo music

so yeh back on topic have a word with your guitarist, find out who hes gonna side with and if it aint you then walk out, you'll get nothing from being in a band you don't like
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Okay so yesterday we talked and he said that if I dont like Korn and Slipknot it's best that I leave so I think he sided with the drummer. Today in school they told me that they have decided on a bassist but he doesnt even have a bass. So then they started throwing insults at me saying that Opeth (One of my favourite bands) is shit and that prog doesnt deserve a place and music and bollocks like that. And then started saying how amazing nu-metal is. I walked out on them to avoid my braincells rotting even more.

So yeah the drummer thinks that he is the band..
Leave. For Gods sake leave.

You don't really need people with similar taste to you in your band, but you need people who aren't completly ignorant.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
^ Congratulations

Now form a better band then theirs and make them sorry.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
^ Congratulations

Now form a better band then theirs and make them sorry.

Oh yeah.. but I dont know any other 'l337 shredz0r' guitarists in my school or any metal drummers.
Quote by Saintsatan
Okay so yesterday we talked and he said that if I dont like Korn and Slipknot it's best that I leave so I think he sided with the drummer. Today in school they told me that they have decided on a bassist but he doesnt even have a bass. So then they started throwing insults at me saying that Opeth (One of my favourite bands) is shit and that prog doesnt deserve a place and music and bollocks like that. And then started saying how amazing nu-metal is. I walked out on them to avoid my braincells rotting even more.

What a couple of ignorant retards, you're better off without them

Go look up some ads in your local music store
Better yet. Form a new band, challenge them to a band-off, and kick their sorry asses.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
talk to your friend about it. worse comes to worst, kick the nu-metal faggot out or even create ur own band with ur friend. u gotta be happy in what you do, cuz bands become money investments later down the line man. good luck!
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by Saintsatan
Oh yeah.. but I dont know any other 'l337 shredz0r' guitarists in my school or any metal drummers.

Dude..they're playing nu metal, I don't think you're gonna have any problems being better then them.

but really just leave and move on, im sure its annoying but just try to find people with similar interests and make your own band.
Quote by Spamwise
Dude..they're playing nu metal, I don't think you're gonna have any problems being better then them.

but really just leave and move on, im sure its annoying but just try to find people with similar interests and make your own band.

+1.

A band is no fun if you don't like the music you're playing.

Quote by RadioHead22
Go you mate, now form a better band and make some awesome prog metal
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Quote by Saintsatan
^
I'm the only prog head I know.

go find some more then!!
Quote by KENZI199
go find some more then!!

Easier said than done. No one else likes prog in my year. I'd look outside my school but I cant be 'bovvered'.
Quote by Saintsatan
Easier said than done. No one else likes prog in my year. I'd look outside my school but I cant be 'bovvered'.

Introduce some guitar players to prog. They may like it.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by Saintsatan

Sounds like these guys are horrible bandmates, and horrible friends. *shakes head*

Good choice, leaving. Nice move. Also, you listen to some damn good music, never start listening to Korn and Shitknot. I like the way you are loyal to your musical tastes.
Quote by shades_of_truth
Sounds like these guys are horrible bandmates, and horrible friends. *shakes head*

Good choice, leaving. Nice move. Also, you listen to some damn good music, never start listening to Korn and Shitknot. I like the way you are loyal to your musical tastes.

I wouldnt be caught dead listening to Korn or Shitknot.

And to the other person who posted: Well yeah there are lods of guitar players in my school but only about 3 or 4 of them like metal. And we're not talking about the good metal.
Lmao, nu-metallers throwing insults at prog. I'm not particularly fond of prog myself, but I know that it takes a lot of musicianship, especially when compared to "LET'S HIT EVERYTHING AT ONCE AND SHOUT THAT IS GOOD MUSIC"-metal

Honestly though, those guys are morons, shove up an ad somewhere to find new bandmates, that should work. And if you can't be arsed, try some sort of bizarre Opeth acoustic stuff
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!