Page 1 of 4
After many months of buying albums recommended to me from friends and the internet, i went out on a whim and decided to purchase an album at random from a local store, the album i picked up happened to be Battlelore's latest album Evernight, and this seems to be the worst album i've ever purchased.

So, what are your WORST (metal) album purchases?
The worst albums I've obtained include:

All the Nightingale Albums
Cryptopsy - None So Vile (Tech/Brutal Death just isn't for me)
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans.
I have no idea what the hell I was thinking when I got this. Total fucking garbage.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Mar 24, 2007,
^No offense or anything, but I hate you.

I don't buy many CD's I don't like, because I tend to find out enough about the band that I know I'll enjoy their material to a degree. But probably the worst was Once Was Not by Cryptopsy, annoying as fuck production, shit vocals, and Tech death is just gay. Cool lyrics and inlet though, but not worth my $25.
St. Anger by far.

Look, you can consider classic releases like Cryptopsy's NSV trash (in the sense that the music is not for you) but then there is music that is trash in the sense that it just redefines the words, 'utter fucking shit.'
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Last edited by Dirtydeeds468 at Mar 24, 2007,
wow really? cryptopsy is ****ing badass even if you dont like that shit you should use to get amped for some shit.
I liked St. Anger, but for different reasons than most Metallica albums.

The worst for me was far and away Elegy - Manifestation of Fear
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
uh.
None. Im really good at choosing CDs.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Quote by PhillyC
The worst albums I've obtained include:

YOU FAIL, lawl

and 3 Inches of Blood - Advance and Vanquish. Entertaining, but not that great.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion

One good song at best

I didn't think it was that bad, Not half as bad as the last Maiden album I bought.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Quote by Spynal
I liked St. Anger, but for different reasons than most Metallica albums.

ha I actually didn't mind St Anger either

Its poor if you listen expecting another AJFA but otherwise, meh, it has some good moments
Trivium - The Crusade

The most pathetic attempt at emulating metallica ever. EVER. This sounded like a "generic metal music for tv ads" greatest hits album.
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines, Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk

"WHAT?!?!", you may be thinking, "those are kickass albums!!" Indeed they are, but I paid almost 60 bucks for the two of them, then found them for around 10 bucks each.

As for stuff I don't like, nothing really. Every album I've bought is good in one way or another.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Quorthon-when Our day is through single. Man what a let down. Probably followed by carpathian forrest- black shiny leather, just never seem to listen to that album except for the song 'a forrest' and the cure did a better job anyway.
Quote by mike130
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines, Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk

"WHAT?!?!", you may be thinking, "those are kickass albums!!" Indeed they are, but I paid almost 60 bucks for the two of them, then found them for around 10 bucks each.

As for stuff I don't like, nothing really. Every album I've bought is good in one way or another.

Oof. Owned.

Reminds me of the time I was like...seconds from buying Ulver's Bergtatt album that was a $60.00 import from Norway, but then I waited another day, and a seller from California showed up selling at $12.00.

Whew.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Im not realling digging Killing Is My Business at the moment, but Im sure it will grow on me.
Katatonia- The Great Cold Distance

Thank God I didn't actually have to buy it. One of my friends asked what I wanted for my birthday, and I requested it. She seems to like it, though, so I may just end up giving it back to her.
I torrent all my music before I buy. Yeah I know downloading is lame, but isn't spending $25 on a cd you just vomit after hearing?

I like to preview everything before I buy it. You don't buy a car without test driving it right?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by PhillyC

*dies*

/Cryptopsy fanboy

Anyways, worst album i ever bought was probably

Sepultura - Nation
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by i have to pee
I torrent all my music before I buy. Yeah I know downloading is lame, but isn't spending $25 on a cd you just vomit after hearing?

I like to preview everything before I buy it. You don't buy a car without test driving it right?

I only download two or three songs from the album before I buy it, unless it's one of those fun Impulse Buys.

I have a fairly large CD collection for someone my age...I guess thats cuz it's all I ever spend money on, besides dates and relationship-thingies.
I don't buy Cds cause there isn't a good variety here and they are expensive, but the last things I downloaded which I didn't like were:

Sunn 0)) - The Black One
Behemoth - Grom (this one I find just isn't comparable to Behemoth's newer stuff)
I once asked for none so vile by Cryptopsy, but I got given Cryptobeast by Usurper instead. It was so shit, it made Fall out Boy seem good.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Hey just registered a mo ago

I think the worst metal album to be Metallica St Anger

So Bad it makes me cry
Mainly nu-metal stuff for me, and some stuff that's not metal, most of it away in the end. I used to think Coal Chamber were good
Quote by PhillyC

LOL, Go die.

Jokin, but seriously, Dan Swano > All.

Anyhoo, Machine Head - Supercharger.

I don't regret buying it though, it's more for collection purposes that anything.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I don't think I own a single metal album which I dislike. I have plenty of crappy nu-metal albums though, some good ones too.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Deicide-Insineratehymn, fookin rubbish of the highest order. Also, Sepultura-Dante XXI and Entombed-Morning Star
Warriors of the World by Manowar...if there was a worst Manowar album, this would be it. It is so terrible. Just...ugh. And the Monsters of Metal Volume 4 DVD. Not that many good videos on it to make it worth buying.
Quote by mr kipling
I once asked for none so vile by Cryptopsy, but I got given Cryptobeast by Usurper instead. It was so shit, it made Fall out Boy seem good.

Poor guy.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by gregevans209
Trivium - The Crusade

The most pathetic attempt at emulating metallica ever. EVER. This sounded like a "generic metal music for tv ads" greatest hits album.

+1
I don't like as i lay dying
Page 1 of 4