What do you plan on using it for?
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
behringer = the root of all evil

dont buy it behringer are cheap but are poorly made, sound terrible and is will almost certainly break
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
just home recording, i dont need anything professional

lol o ok...im guessing you're not a fan of behringer....is this what you've found out yourself or just heard?

is there any other desks you can reccomend then, about the same price although i dont mind paying a bit more
cheers
No really, behringer have the worst reputation of any guitar-related company for a very good reason : all their stuff breaks. Easily. Seriously, don't be tempted by the price tag. I'd usually argue with the 'you get what you pay for' saying, but in this case, you just don't get what you pay for. It'll be good until 3 weeks after buying it you turn the power past 9 and it blows on you.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
yeh your right i'm not a fan of behringer because ive used three throughout my (for lack of a better word) career,

the first one blew up my band was using it as a live mixing desk during our practice setion

the second one worked but sounded rough as fuk again we were using it as a live mixing desk but this time during a gig it was a professionally set up and we had a proper sound tech working it, and he admitted he couldn't get a decent sound for us.

the 3rd blew up we were using it to record our demo, we had a studio techy set it up for us and get all the line levels and it blew up while line checking the snare drum

so in all id stay well away from behringer, sorry for the huge rant but it needs to be said behringer is bad
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
ok....behringer = bad

got it
cheers

how about peavey, they HAVE to be kosha....yea?
the one im looking at is £200 so it better be!!
You don't use those for home recordings. Mixing boards are for live shows, to balance out the sound or to emphasize a certain part.

But if you really want to get one, go for a Crate
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Did anyone else think this was gonna be about a school prank in which desks would be mixed up? Because I did, and now I look stupid
nah they're for recording too...thats why they've got USB ports for the computer as well as outputs/monitors etc
Quote by letaloneyou
nah they're for recording too...thats why they've got USB ports for the computer as well as outputs/monitors etc

Mine doesn't have a USB port...
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

oh right....i guess yours is just for live shows or practicing etc. i think you could use it for recording if you use your outputs to plug into the computers microphone socket, but as you can imagine it sounds terrible
from my experience, they're ok

However, don't fall for the old 1600 watts trick. 1600 @ 16 Ohms (bridged), 800 @ 16, 400 @ 8, 200 @ 4 etc..

It pays to get a good quality desk, even if it's older that has good pre-amps. The sound really does depend on these, and also the shortest possible signal path and gain structure. See if you can find a mind 90's Soundcraft or something similar, 16 tracks.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by skater dan0

dont buy it behringer are cheap but are poorly made, sound terrible and is will almost certainly break

+1

and their customer service sucks,

took 5 months for my 333xl to turn up many moons ago.

horrible company.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I highly recommend the Zoom R16.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/r16/index.php

For home recording it's great. 8 physical tracks able to record at once, 16 tracks total. Very easy to use. You can use it completely stand alone or with any recording software you want. I recorded, mixed and mastered directly on the unit and it came out sounding really good. Not very expensive either. retails for around $600 CAD where I live.

Check out reviews on youtube and google
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by skater dan0

Listen to this guy, go with a mackie or even a soundcraft over a pos behringer.
Quote by Joelthefrog1
Quality Doesn't cost,
Quality Pays

Great three year old necro bump