hey i just turned on my amp and some huge high pitched noise came through the speaker for like 10 seconds and then it went away and then i tried to play the guitar and nothing came out. and my volume was on like 2-3. on the clean channel. is my amp broke for good?? by the way, of all amps, its a marshall mg100dfx. had it for about 2 years.

can someone tell me what's wrong with it?? thanks.
Last edited by Slash Jr. at Mar 24, 2007,
That's a marshall MG for ya.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Mg.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
try swapping the guitar cable, checking the guitar input and volume, unplug any pedals, go direct into the amp, and then pray it's not the amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Aw man, that sucks. Not the first time I heard about a MG problem though.
MG's have a 5 year (I think) manufacturer's warranty. Just send it to them.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Well the MGs do have 5 year warrantys. send it back and have them fix it. first try a different cable, pup position
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Yes, and look at the power supply, cables, pedals, guitar pickups, input jack, knobs and everything.
It might be the volume knob...my MG is pretty screwed but I still use it until it totally burns out or something.
Yeah just send it back to the factory, let it get fixed and when you get it back ,SELL IT.
Orange Enthousiast.
Get your money back? If you have the reciept, go back to the store with it, tell them the problem, then if they say they'll send it back, ask for your money back. I lost my MG' srecipet and couldn't get my money back, but I traded it for a Vox AD15VT. Best move ever. Rid of the MG.
Sounds like the flux capacitor is shot...
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.