As you probably already know, i am getting the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue soon, Probably the first few days of summer. I have a few questioins still. Before I ask, I will say that I really dont care about the actual amp's overdrive tone. I will be getting a pedal such as a Tube Screamer for overdrive so all my questions relate to the clean tone

1. How is the 12' Eminence speaker?
2. I know I am going to have to replace the tubes after a little while to better ones, what are THE best tubes for clean? i am looking for something that WILL NOT break up until i really crank it around 7-8 (which i know i will never go to) basically im looking for the most headroom possible
3. What is the difference between the two inputs aswell as the bright switch?\
4. I have heard a few complaints on the quality, is this true?

I also would like to know some tips on how to keep an amp in mint condition. I want this amp to last me a longggggg time so any tips will be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Mar 24, 2007,
3. the high input has a larger input level in it and vice versa. basically, it's usually used in a way that you plug low output pickuped (usually single coiled) guitars in the high input, and the high output (usually active) pickuped guitars in the lower input. the difference is little tonal, but mostly just volume. plus the high has a more intense overdrive usually.

the bright switch makes your cleans more trebly/clean/fenderish.
For tubes try going to Eurotubes (https://ssl.eurotubes.com) you can get package deals from them, I am guessing the speaking isn't good for old school fender breakup but should be good for rock if your using a pedal.
As far as taking care of it just make sure you warm up the tubes good when you turn it on and let them cool when you turn it off (use your stanby switch), maybe put a sheet over it when not in use so dust doesnt get on the inside
My Rig:
1970's Twin Reverb
1972 Gibson SG
1970's Raven SG copy (extreme modifications)
EH Double Muff
Dunlop Hendrix wah
and of course... a disco ball
thank you, can anyone further address these questions?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic