I'm in the mood to read(very rare) so I decided to go buy a book relating to rock in some way. Be it a biography, autobiography, whatever. Any recomendations(sp?)??

Yes I used the search button....
Last edited by Masamune at Mar 24, 2007,
I read Anthony Kedis' Autobiography, Scar Tissue, over the summer & i like it a lot. Theres plenty of good stuff in it about being a rock star, relationships, addiction, etc. You dont have to be a RHCP fan to like it either (But if you are its even better, since he goes into stuff about the other guys in the band, and especiall about making the different albums and writing songs).
Quote by theo2266
I read Anthony Kedis' Autobiography, Scar Tissue, over the summer & i like it a lot. Theres plenty of good stuff in it about being a rock star, relationships, addiction, etc. You dont have to be a RHCP fan to like it either (But if you are its even better, since he goes into stuff about the other guys in the band, and especiall about making the different albums and writing songs).

Yeah, I was thinking about getting that (I am a RHCP fan btw) or a Hendrix bio.
Sorry for the double post but at the time I made this thread the pit was consumed in all the "wtf is going threads" so I haven't gotten many responses.

Well I went and bought Scar Tissue and so far I like it alot. Anthony Keidis has had such a crazy life and I am at around the part where he is about 13 years old. So I guess I haven't read the worst of it yet.

What other good books relating to music are out there?
Life, Death,Legend-Jim Morrison biographpy is really good
Rip it Up and Start Again-a book on post punk sucks but if you love the genre it's interesting..

room full of mirrors- by Charles R Cross. its a bio on jimi hendrix that i liked.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Kurt Cobain's Journal things are pretty nifty, but some of em are disturbing... not really a book though.
Umm... and his biography, he led an interesting (but short) life.
Ian Christe's Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal.

Clinton Heylin's Behind the Shades.

First one's a bout emtal, the second one's about Bob Dylan.

Both interesting if you're into that kind of stuff, but yeah, I would highly recommend Scar Tissue.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
You should look up Ian Christe. I've got his book; "Sound of the Beast: A Headbanging History of Heavy Metal" and it's awesome. Covers the early 70's to 2003 heavy metal wise.

Maybe more general than what you might be looking for, but whatever.

EDIT: ^DAMMIT.
Our Band Could Be Your Life - Probably the most important rock related book you could read to open up all sorts of windows.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
Our Band Could Be Your Life - Probably the most important rock related book you could read to open up all sorts of windows.

i've been trying to find that, but no luck so i'm gonna order it off Amazon.

some good books ive found are

Killing Youself To Live- By Chuck Klosterman (Dude goes in search of spots of famous musicans graves while dealing with his own life at the same time)

Fargo rock city- same as above (His growing up and discovering of 80's metal)

really good books
Doesnt have a sig
The Dirt - Motley Crue
or Scar tissue...

I remember i saw a guy on a bus that i was on reading scar tissue and i shouted to my friend ''it put me on a downer when i read the end of scar tissue and found out that flea died from a heroin overdose" the look on his face was priceless.
Bass Player
Les Claypool wrote a book called South of the Pumphouse
i never heard anything about it, but i want to check it out sometime
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
A History of Geology

EDIT: Whoops, disregard that
Last edited by The Spoon at Mar 24, 2007,
Stairway to heaven, led zeppelin uncut and uncensored (or something like that) ~ Richard Cole (the band's road manager)

Heaver than Heaven (about Kurt Cobain) ~ Charles Cross (who i saw was mentioned previously)
Quote by Deek_13
I remember i saw a guy on a bus that i was on reading scar tissue and i shouted to my friend ''it put me on a downer when i read the end of scar tissue and found out that flea died from a heroin overdose" the look on his face was priceless.

LMAO

Glad your enjoying Scar Tissue, Masamune. Just wait until he really gets going. lol
Quote by sysdown27
Les Claypool wrote a book called South of the Pumphouse
i never heard anything about it, but i want to check it out sometime

I own it. I haven't read it yet, but it's not rock related. It's a mystery book I believe, and supposed to be pretty good.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
High Fidelity by Nick Horner (I think that's the author's name)

It's not really about musicians, but it's about a guy who owns a record store and he loves music, so it's ought to do you. And the movie's great, check that out too.
Can't stop the signal.
Caught In the Crossfire
its about stevie ray vaughan. I read it in 2 days I was so hooked.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by staticoverdub
salad days

about a diy punk band in the 70's / 80's. fairly interesting.

Why couldn't you just say minor threat?
I read the title and thought you wanted to read about rocks. I thought you must be a very interesting person.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
scar tissue is the most entertaining bio i have ever read, i highly reccomend that...

EDIT: looks like you already got it... great book huh?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
The band that time forgot if you like GN'R.
The Dirt? Mötley Crüe
Check out "Zeppelin: Unledded". Written mostly by their American road manager, Richard Cole. Very interesting read. Otherwise, "Chronicles, Vol. 1", Bob Dylan's autobiography.
Quote by craigr
Check out "Zeppelin: Unledded". Written mostly by their American road manager, Richard Cole. Very interesting read. Otherwise, "Chronicles, Vol. 1", Bob Dylan's autobiography.

yeah Chronicles is fantastic.

if you like led zep check out Whole Lotta Led as well, written by 2 fans.