Pencil and paper? Word? Some guitar computer program?

I write my own personal music on paper with a pencil. If I really like it, I will type it up using only Word. :P I have never used any crazy program, never really needed too.

So all you scribes out there, what is your method/medium?
I write it in my head or guitar first, then transcribe on Guitar Pro!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
I use sumin called FFtabs. Its actually a programme for foo fighter tabs, but you can write your own. It takes a bit of time though.
Last edited by tallicafan888 at Mar 25, 2007,
Power tabs. Or if I'm in school and inspiration strikes I just write it on some notebook paper.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by alienboy18241
Power tabs. Or if I'm in school and inspiration strikes I just write it on some notebook paper.

Do you hear the notes in your head, and are able to tab them to an exact pitch without a guitar? I can't do that...heh.

However, writing random tabs (Which follow sensible musical rules), can be quite interesting, and produce some nice results, I found.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Do you hear the notes in your head, and are able to tab them to an exact pitch without a guitar? I can't do that...heh.

However, writing random tabs (Which follow sensible musical rules), can be quite interesting, and produce some nice results, I found.

I'll hear something and then pick out the first note. Then I guess what I'm hearing by playing through different scales in my head. Or sometimes I'll have a pattern in my head taht can be played any where, so i'll just write that down at some spot on the fret board.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
First i write it on Paper and then transfer it to word and work out everything and transfer it to Guitar pro or Tux Guitar
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.