Hey, I've just seen this new model come out...
and I'm quite surprised by the reviews. No end of people have given it 2 thumbs up, despite having no tone knob. Does it make a big diff do you think?
I'm thinking about getting it... So many people have said its great...
I'm kinda hoping you guys point out some bad things about it...

What are your opinions on the guitar? cheers
Squiers are universally recognized as the worst guitars on the market Id probably steer clear from it. I dont know how it could have gotten such great reviews considering squiers are cheaply made and have the chinsiest electronics and harware out there.
Quote by meekamouse
Squiers are universally recognized as the worst guitars on the market Id probably steer clear from it. I dont know how it could have gotten such great reviews considering squiers are cheaply made and have the chinsiest electronics and harware out there.

I disagree completely.

Unless you play metal, Squier make several guitars that are actually very nice. I have two Squier Strats that I play just as much as my $400-500 guitars. I've heard that their Telecasters are very nice as well, and their Squier 51's have received several good reviews. Many times, their $150 Squier Strats are just as good as the $400-500 Fender Strats. I've used mine for 4 years, and I've never had a single problem with them. I would definitely buy more.

Coming straight from the factory, Squier tend not to be set-up very well. But some simple adjustments, like adjusting action, intonation, and putting some better strings on will make them play very nicely. One of mine came with 9-42 strings on it. I put Ernie Ball Skinny/Heavy (10-52) strings on it, and the sound was 10 times better. The pickups aren't the greatest, but you can get some fairly nice tones from them.

Also, Squier are not the worst guitars out there. There are plenty of worse guitars, including Behringer, Drive, and the dreaded First Act guitars.
Squier 51 is a cracking little guitar, part of the reason they're so cheap is because they're basic so there isn't really anything on there that they've had to severely skimp on...it's not like buying a cheap strat copy where you get a dodgy trem. Also the body is solid wood, not ply so it's a decent base for upgrading should you want to.

It's not a copy, it's a quirky little frankenstein design witha strat body, tele neck and precision bass pickguard, also the controls are extrememly versatile for such a cheap guitar...bridge humbucker with a coil split and a neck single coil.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
wtf? i thought this model had been cutted off, and i am searching this forum on more info on it until i sawthis thread