I was playing alone in my room one day and I started hearing voices from my amp. So naturally I would be scared as shit. It started happening more often and i realized i was picking up radio signals from my pick ups.

has this ever happened to you?
I have never had radio signals pick up from my pick ups but I have been just messin around w/ my friends and decided to put my cable to my tounge and I picked up radio signals. It's pretty funny when you're high w/ your friends.
yeah there was a guy on here who started getting somebody's phone sex conversation through his amp.
21st Century Digital Boy
yea this happened to me at a friends house, it wasnt the guitar that was picking it up tho it was sum how my effects pedal, cuz wen i moved the pedal it would fade in and out

it was pretty funny cuz we were jamming with political talk in the backround
its happened to me before, through my crappy johnson fat strat copy's pickups, and my friend's EMG HZs in his bass.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I was at a concert last week and the lead guitarist's amp started playing rap through it. It was kind of funny when the lead singer asked, "Is that Chingy?"
no, but if I touch my amp cord to my braces I pick up a country station, but no one believes me when I tell them that
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
I pick up radio all the time through my little practice amp...is it the pickups? It does this with both my guitars. Well, I find it kinda cool, play and then when I stop playing I can listen to the radio right away haha.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Yeah, happened with my old POS amp, happens with my new POS amp. It sucks because it's most often country :p My cable acts as the antenna though, if I unplug it and move it around I can get better/worse reception. Great :P Playing with your back towards the amp eliminates some noise, dunno if it'll work for the radio thing though. It only happens once in a while :p

EDIT: Actually, I think this happens all the time, but to varying extents. I just turned on my amp and cranked it and I could faintly hear the radio. Lmao.
its always country because it can only pick up AM station, it would need specialized circuitry for FM... wow I'm a geek, I was actually about to explain why
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
yeah,, isnt it if either the pickups have a high output or the amp's gain is really high up? thats what i thought, after hearing a few of these stories
well, the gain has something to do with it but its mostly just because of the nature of AM waves, because they only need amplification as opposed to FM which needs a bit more work
happened to me once. One second I was soloing over all along the watchtower, the next I was soloing over russian folkmusic
i have

two times, both with my drummer.

maybe he has a metal plate in his head...

that would be the cause for his stupidity.
It isn't the pickups, it is the amp. (assumption because it has happened to me with single coils and humbuckers, passive and active)

It shouldn't be a big deal though and usually isn't loud, it just happens when frequencies match or something along those lines.
Haha, This happens to me too!
It didn't happen until I bought a Pastrami Overdrive effects pedal, Then many times I'd turn the pedal on I'd receive the radio through the amp.
Quote by RPGoof
I've heard alot of stories of this. I think it's hilarious... you're playing a show and BOOM the radio turns on... rofl.

"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
You may need shielding in the body cavity (of your guitar) or a new cord. Make sure you are using a grounded power cord on your amp. If you use a three-prong adapter make sure you ground it according to instructions.
Yeah, it happened at band practise through my mates guitar, quite a funny interlude really.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay