So my Mesa has some hiss, not terrible but I woud rather not have to listen to it. I guess this is a pretty common thing, so would a Boss NS-2 do the job, perhaps another pedal, or have something done to the amp. I'm not really familiar with noise suppressors and I play guitars with humbuckers and single coils, the amp buzz isn't bad its just when playing there is tube hiss.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Some tubes are noisier than others....

If you want a suppressor to kill ALL the noise, you will need two...one in the loop, and one out front...

My rectifier is a pretty quiet amp....I sold my suppressor after getting this amp.

If you do choose to get one, the ISP Noise Decimator is by far the best.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Some tubes are noisier than others....

If you want a suppressor to kill ALL the noise, you will need two...one in the loop, and one out front...

So, say i just wanted to buy one noise gate, would it be more effective in the fx loop or from the guitar to the input.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Change out your tubes. You'll get rid of hiss depending on the tubes you get plus you get to change you tone a little bit with different variations of tubes.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
There are groove tubes in there now, but I think they're a little old, one burns pretty dimly. What should I get more groove tubes, sovteks or what.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Quote by Deathcabforpat
So, say i just wanted to buy one noise gate, would it be more effective in the fx loop or from the guitar to the input.

Noise supressor in the loop gets rid of noise in the preamp portion of the amplifier.

Noise supressor in front of the amp gets rid of pedal and guitar noise.

So if you don't use alot of pedals or you have a relatively quiet pedalboard you won't need one in front of the amp.