Page 1 of 2
ya so i want to know what everyone thinks of gnr's new song better

if u havent heard it you can at this myspace....

i thinks its a decent rock song
bad considering it took over 10 years to make...should be a bloody master piece
not nearly as good as the classics(probably mostly due to the lack of slash)
im dissapointed cuz of the time and that it sounds like a modern rock song instead of the original gnr i love.
bumblefoot doesnt play like slash which changes the whole sound....but he does some good sweeping in this song...
THE INTRO MAKES ME PUKE but ya..lol

id give it either 6 or 7 out of 10 stars.....its a decent song if it was from a new band
but a let down from this excuse of guns n roses...

but yaaaaaaaa

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT?!??!
its not GNR w/o Slash, Izzy and Duff
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
dissapointing.. guns without slash is like black label society without zakk wylde.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
Cause GNR without Slash is just awesome.
Quote by Sun Child
I LOVE YOU

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Man... The only thing that suggests its anything to do with GnR is Axl's voice. But it just sounds like Axl in a different band - Oh wait, it is.

Its kinda catchy despite the aweful intro. Very modern sound.
Quote by GiantRaven
Am I the only person that liked the intro?

Nope, I've always liked that intro and imo that song is better than anything GnR have ever released plus IMO:
New GnR band > Old GnR(slash and co)
Quote by GiantRaven

Nope.

And imo, this is just as good as old gnr.
I think its an awesome song, quite different from old Guns N' Roses but just as good. And I like the intro.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
Quote by GiantRaven

Your not alone.

Actually now that I listen more it's the only part of the song that was half way decent.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
i have never been a Guns N' Roses fan and i know this isn't even them but i liked this song. I really wasn't expecting anything good to come from their new cd but i suppose i am wrong.
probably the wrong forum.... it wasn't a bad song, but if Axl weren't singing, i wouldn't be able to tell it was G'n'R... it ust isn't the same without that slah tone thrown in there to me
I actually love the song

the intro is a bit odd nonetheless it's still great

though the solo sucks badly. wtf with all the mindless speed wanking?
My Spanish Hearts
I liked it, I wonder how the rest of the album is...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
That song leaked like a year ago. "Better" is a great song, ofcourse it sounds different than classic GnR, but Axl's new stuff isnt bad. and BTW it was Buckethead that composed that song along with most the stuff for the new album like Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, IRS and Catcher In The Rye which are also excellent songs.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
This is going to sound stupid but when does it come out again?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
ok, honestly, i like old Guns, but i couldnt even listen to that for more than a minute.

sorry, but i really am not liking it.

hopefully some of their other new songs will be better.
axls trying to be contempoary but since use your illusion there has been grunge, new metal and other movements. this sounds like late 90s indie rock He should stick to old fashioned rock n roll..even the keyboards would be nice. sounds very contrived.
...ive got it..

'take me down to the plastic surgeon,
where the scalpel's clean and the drills a workin,
oh wont you please take me home'
this is shit, this isn't GN'R, that song is not even acceptable from a modern band
YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM THE DOOM DOOM DOOM

My Equipment:
Schecter Omen FR
Fender Frontman 25
Digitech Distortion Factory
I am not a fan of Buckethead at all. His guitar "tone" is absolutely horrible when he plays lead. It literally makes me want to cry. I like the new direction they are going in, but Buckethead isn't exactly the guitarist I like to imagine replacing Slash. I'm sure he is great at writing music though. It is a good song, except for the beginning.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
I am not a fan of Buckethead at all. His guitar "tone" is absolutely horrible when he plays lead. It literally makes me want to cry. I like the new direction they are going in, but Buckethead isn't exactly the guitarist I like to imagine replacing Slash. I'm sure he is great at writing music though. It is a good song, except for the beginning.

You need to learn more before you give your opinion.
THIS SONG IS A FAKE DEMO!!! It is a FAKE REMIXED VERSION!!! ***The REAL version is HEVIER and DARKER!*** Look it up on Youtube as Better Inland Invasion. Real version.
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Quote by Leonheart
You need to learn more before you give your opinion.

You are right. I was stupid. I saw a bunch of people talking about Buckethead, and automatically asumed he was the guitarist. It sounds like him though (that weird guitar tone), but I guess it wasn't. It was dumb of me to talk about it when I didn't know much.

I'm not really following Guns N' Roses anymore. I love Axl, but without their old line-up, I just can't be too enthusiastic about it. I hope they prove me wrong and kick so much ass with the new CD, but right now, I don't really see that happening. It is nothing against the members of the band, they are great at what they do, but it will never be the same. I'm certainly not going to write them off because of a new line-up though. I'll still listen to them.
Axl has no voice. What the hell happened to him, now he just screeches through the song.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
are you kidding? I love the Intro, you can't make the artists stay in one place for the entire time..I really liked this song, if they have more tracks like this song I might just get it...
...And The Nominees Are
I like it, sounds cool. Intro/outro is weird but besides that its OK.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Page 1 of 2