I'm doing a report on Hendrix in my history of rock class and to explain his musical capabilities im going to break down one of his most complex songs. I was thinking Little Wing but what do you guys think?
"Bold As Love"

I love that song to death.

edit: "Castles Made of Sand" that would be a great one for it's lyrics and music.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Mar 24, 2007,
It would be one of the songs he did with the Band of Gypsy's

Edit-X: Or the Star Spangled Banner
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Probably Little Wing. Its a matter of opinion though, I think most people would agree that Little Wing is pretty difficult though. I'd go with that.
ya like 5 people pick hendrix in my class even some dumb wigger kid with 10 pounds worth of dickees and tall tees on that only know the name hendrix i actually wanna do a nice paper on him
i loved his cover of all along the watchtower

another of his great songs is machine gun

and you can never forget red house

and voodoo child is a nice jam song
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Bold as Love is the only song he has that has a modulation, if I'm right. However, it's not a very complicated key change, but you can make it seem complicated. It also has some of the earliest studio-applied phase shifting.

Third Stone From the Sun would seem to me to be the most complicated studio recording (out of the ones I know, of course).
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
As already stated many times, his stuff with Band of Gypsys.
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
Pali gap is pretty damn complicated because of its length, its damn good though.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
1983(a merman I should turn to be) is a pretty phycadelic(sp) song, I don't know if it's his most complicated though.
all along the watchtower.

bob dylan's lyrics are amazing and the acoustic guitar than the slide and the octavia. so many things you could discuss.

amazing song btw
Member #10 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance

What about Night Bird Flying?
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by joeman2120
all along the watchtower.

bob dylan's lyrics are amazing and the acoustic guitar than the slide and the octavia. so many things you could discuss.

amazing song btw

...using an acoustic guitar or a slide or somebody elses lyrics isnt that complicated. sorry bud. that song is pretty amazing, but its not his most complicated.

i think playing little wing to the caliber that he plays it is near impossible. the tone, the smooth transitions, the awesomeness..

i guess its all opinion though.